Friday, February 7, 2020

I confess ......I am a addict

   Now men unless your addiction is along the line of this one you may not be interested in this post. I know you may be addicted to repair tools you have 3 of or maybe your gun collection and all the alterations your doing to that AR-15. Remember now if you didn't have one of these addicts in the family you would be pretty miserable. LOL
Definition of addicted. : having an addiction: a : exhibiting a compulsive, chronic, physiological or psychological need for a habit-forming substance, behavior, or activity addicted.
  Some dummy forgot to add addictions to things like BAKING ! That addiction includes all the other little things included in the baking addiction. If I go a few days without baking something or trying to perfect a new recipe I just get real antsy. I figured that out one time when I was busy for a few days and I got to get back into the kitchen. I noticed although I was tired I was actually happier and relaxed more inside.
   
I talked to my brother tonight. He said I reminded him of our Dad's mom. We called her Mam maw. He said she was always in the kitchen. He said she had a peach cobbler that when she took it to a function people would line up for her peach cobbler and if you didn't get in that line early you were just out of luck!
    How about including that collection of Sprinkles addiction?Now my sprinkles are pretty much non existent I have 1 Lb each of those tiny beads called nonpareil sprinkles in red and white. That 1 lb can cost anywhere from $12 - $16 depending on where you can find what your looking for. I want to get a lb of each basic color so I can mix as I please for whatever purpose.  See that picture of bottles below, that is pretty much a normal mess for a lot of folks
Organize Sprinkles
   Now if you go on Pinterest you will see fancy smancy things like that stuff in these pictures below. You may accidentally see folks with something that well organized in a bakery business but very few folks at home have it. Now the little one in the middle ok, a home baker might have that or in small fruit jars. Most of the time bakers dream and drool and wish for those big pretty collections.
Sprinkles Cabinet......My Dream Baking cabinet. I have
            so many I'm almost there!            Come tour my
            colorful baking studio! In part two of my reveal we're
            taking a closer look at my sprinkle storage, decoration
            station, and styling station! I The Sprinkle Factory 

   Then you have issues with not being able to turn down those cute little Cupcake liners. The best ones are the grease proof that aren't oily on the bottom after baking. Yet for some crazy reason we see something on sale and it really doesn't matter if they leak grease or not. They just have something about them ....... you know you don't have any that look like what you see. You don't really need them but then again you do.... it's not like you can pass these things up! It's only a couple of dollars rite ? But where to put them once you take them home???? You don't really have a nice neat place like the pictures below. You could just throw them in the box or drawer or on the shelf with the other ones you have to dig through any time you need them. It's not like you have any in that particular design category to put them with.
makati
            bakers haven   When only the best
            greaseproof cupcake liners will do! Our BakeBright
            greaseproof cupcake liners are one of a kind. You won't find
            anything else like them out there. From bright, gorgeous
            colors only we can offer, to the best performing cupcake
            liner paper on the market, we'll be the one stop shop for
            all of your baking cup needs! #cupcakeliners
            #greaseproofcupcakeliners #bakingcupps  60 Ideas
            kitchen storage jars cupcake liners   Cupcake Liner Organization
   Did you know that some home bakers display their sprinkles and cupcake liners like home decorating? It's like showing off you collection but also decorating.
      Then you get into food coloring. It's not as simple as the old McCormick 4 package squirt bottles any more. You have many many colors in liquids, pastes and gels. I try not to use food coloring just because normally I'm allergic to everything but sometimes I indulge. I think I have about 12 in the paste form somewhere.
Wow! Now this is Organized !
 
The
            Sprinkle Factory Studio Kitchen Reveal! Step inside my
            colorful sprinkle filled baking kitchen! Grab some baking
            supply organization ideas, be ready to get inspired. I The
            Sprinkle Factory 

    Did I mention tips??? You know those things we put on the bag that holds the icings? They make those pretty flowers and swirls and things on a cake or cookie.  Your talking about a whole nother world of wonder! See those fancy looking ones at the bottom of the picture? Those
are called Russian Tips. They are the do all have all of tips. They make wonderfully intricate designs with just one motion. I don't have any of the Russian Tips. I have maybe a fourth of what you see below.
   Trying to keep
        tips organized, #organized #tips
      How about all those cake pans and casserole dishes and 9" deep dish pie plates and cookie sheets ?? Loaf Pans -- Good Grief ! The recipe tells you it fits in and makes 1 loaf. Well hells bells ! I have at least 3 different size loaf pans probably more. I have a bread loaf pan, tiny mini pans, and several sizes in between. Believe me you only have so much room in a kitchen! You can never ever just need one. If you have one of any pan I promise you cooking can' t be done with just one of those pans. You have to have at least 2 to be able to get any production at all. Cookie sheets ?? Holly Molly I have at least 4 big rimmed cookie sheets probably more. I can put 3 at a time in my convection oven and really turn out some cookies!  Not everyone can afford a nice new kitchen decked out that wonderful. I know many people have heard of Wilton Brand baking pans. I do have a lot of those, Shoot they must be at least 20 years old! My new favorites are the Fat Daddio's® Bakeware. they are nice heavy weight pans. If you go to this link you can see pics of all the cool things they have I'm not making money off of it I just wish I had loot to buy some of it! I have just maybe 6 pans ???
https://www.google.com/search?q=fat+daddio+cake+pans&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjJjsPrwMDnAhUEa60KHesDDyIQ_AUoAnoECA0QBA&biw=1067&bih=463
    I can't decide sometimes if I like pinterest Not only does it kill a lot of time but look at all this stuff it can get a baker dreaming about ! Pretty stuff all organized and neat and just perfect ! You should see my stuff..... nowhere near this cool in all these pics. I will put a post on real life baking folks soon.
Looking for baking sheet organization? Step inside my
        colorful sprinkle filled baking kitchen! Grab some baking supply
        organization ideas, be ready to get inspired. I The Sprinkle
        Factory    Earlene Moores site
        w/good business help section  "vertical"
        shelving in the pantry for bulky items. I'd use slimmer wood in
        order to fit more items/create more space between the
        "vertical shelves." from The Perfect Pantry  A simple metal rack keeps
        pans and cookie sheets neat and organized
     I can only dream for anything this well organized ! I am sure I have forgotten a few things but you just can't cover it all. What do I like about baking? I like being the dessert lady. I like being the one that people turn to wanting me to fix something pretty and tasty.  Nothing out of a box or served on some ugly plastic covered containers. Why would anyone want to go to the trouble of baking something, making the mess all over the kitchen (even with boxed goods) an then turn around an put it in some ugly ugly plastic big A** container just all slopped together and say done here it is, come eat. Good grief, at least try to make something look good so that you start drooling and sniffing the air around all that chocolate or caramel goodness just waiting for you to save a spot in your tummy for dessert!
    Anytime I go to a function I tell folks they are my taste testers. I get to try out new recipes on them.
My biggest challenge has been trying to cook desserts for VEGANS ! I just can't bake some things without EGGS ! I can work around the butter and milk but not the eggs yet. Most of the time they turn out pretty good. Sometimes I think I totally mess up even the regular recipes and apologize and serve it anyway. It makes me wonder sometimes...... I think it's a mess up but it still disappears or very little left over at all and people come back for seconds! Some folks I ask to tell me what kind of cake or pie they want so I can try out a new recipe. It's fun.  When the dessert disappears, or you look down the table and see someone closing their eyes and can't talk until the 3rd bite or if I drop something off and they are texting or calling me for recipes or drooling over the phone you know you must of hit the recipe on the button enough. Ain't nothing like baking something and having folks in their happy spot when they eat it.

Love
Ranchmama

No comments:

Post a Comment