Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Cooking Ahead

With all this talk of trying to stay away from the public more I have been doing some extra cooking.
Maybe other folks do it all the time but I don't. Well sometimes the waffles. Hubby wanted waffles one morning so I just cut loose and mixed up probably 4 batches. Made enough for 10 days with 2 squares each.


    A few days ago hubby wanted beans with sausage and 2 ham hocks. I made plenty and have 4 servings for hubby some time when we don't feel like cooking or if someone gets sick. What's really bad ...... I can't eat any of the beans at all with all that pork in it !
    Made a batch of cornbread also but there sure wasn't any of that available to put in the freezer. LOL I need to make them in muffin form so it will be easier to freeze and serve. I can't eat cornbread either..... makes me not breathe good at all, darn allergies!

Boy I tell you, beans in slider bags take a terrible picture!

    I almost found a good biscuit recipe I like. It only makes about 6 or 8 and I want to fill up a whole great big pan full so I can put some extra's in the freezer. It sure would make it a whole lot quicker at breakfast time not having to start from scratch when you want biscuits and gravy.
   Well have to go.... time for a easy supper. Hubby wanted store bought pizza with me putting extra mozzarella cheese on top from the store. I'm not supposed to eat any and I will suffer but dang I'm hungry and I have no clue what's around here I'm supposed to be able to eat tonight. 
   Hubby likes his cheese toasted on a pizza. It was sure good !



No comments:

Post a Comment