Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Peach Cobbler

    I have been itching to make a peach pie every since my brother told me that my Grandma would make a pie and people would line up for it. If you got there too late well tough noogies! LOL
      I asked him all kinds of questions about the crust, fresh or canned peaches and all that stuff. Well I don't think people will line up for this cobbler but it was a really good one. Super easy for sure!
      I have the recipe below the pictures and I did get it off her website. It looked a little plain so I did change up a couple of things.
    I put a teaspoon of cinnamon in the batter and a good glug or 2 of vanilla. Instead of one can of peaches I put in 2 cans of the actual peaches and 1 can of the juice. The juice was a little tart in this brand so I lightly sprinkled sugar over the peaches.
  The pan I used was only 1" wider but I am glad I used both cans to cover the bottom with peaches. It needed it.
    These pictures are straight out of the oven and it is still bubbling in the pan. To my liking the crust wasn't very thick and when you scoop some out it doesn't have enough crust to go with it. I don't know for sure if you doubled the dough if it would cook all the way through.
     Flavor: I am glad I added the vanilla and cinnamon to the dough. It would have been a little plain without it. When you dip it out of the pan and try to cool it down to take a bite it's like you can't get it cool quick enough. Just looking at it makes you want to dive in. Hot out of the pan it is all just slightly gooye adding to the goodness. After it cools in the fridge I don't know yet.
    Regretfully I didn't have ANY ice cream or cool whip!!!! Hubby said it was really good and if I had served it with ice cream or cool whip it would be perfect !

Love Ranchmama






The Lady and Sons Peach Cobbler
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/the-lady-and-sons-peach-cobbler-recipe-1917684
 Yield: 8 to 10 servings Preheat oven to 350* F. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes
Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 cup milk
1 (28-ounce) can sliced peaches in heavy syrup, un-drained
Cinnamon, for sprinkling, optional Vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream, for serving

Directions
Put melted butter in 13" X 9" X 2'' baking dish.
Stir sugar and flour together in a bowl and mix well.
Slowly add milk and continue stirring to prevent batter from lumping.
Pour batter directly over butter in baking dish. Do not stir.
Spoon fruit on top of batter, then gently pour syrup on top. Do not stir.
Sprinkle cinnamon on top of batter, if using.
Bake until golden brown.
Your batter will rise above your fruit, producing the most wonderful of crusts.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.

**** Notes ****

The most important part of this dish is not stirring the mixture.
If they are available use fresh peaches.
In a saucepan, mix 2 cups fresh peach slices with 1 cup sugar & 1 cup water.
Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Stir often, making sure the sugar is completely dissolved.
Substitute this for the canned peaches.





No comments:

Post a Comment