Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mothers Day Gifts 2020

    I have 3 people I wanted to give something to for mothers day
I made the Salted Caramel Walnut Chocolate Clusters (basically they were turtles). First time I have ever made them really. It was really pretty easy just messy as usual. I did learn something new.... (I haven't played with chocolate much) the recipe said to add coconut oil to the chips when melting and I did.... but the chocolate didn't firm up very well.
   I also made dark chocolate covered maraschino cherries. Now those are always easy! This time I used bees wax pellets to firm up the chocolate. I won't use the old fashioned paraffin if i can help it since that is a petroleum product. So the cherries firmed up nice but darn it..... I didn't plan ahead and all we found was the dinky little walmart cherries with a stem! It would have been so much more prettier if I had thought ahead and ordered some of the prize big ones off of amazon. Maybe next time I will plan ahead better.
     Packaging is always a issue with me. I happened to luck out and found something that would work this time but I wish I knew what I liked and wanted to have around for these fun events. 


Love 
Ranchmama
   





Back side of the packages so you can see the good stuff.

 
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to the happiness and to that freedom for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment