Sunday, March 22, 2020

Mother In Law Green Jello

I call it that because my mother in law used to make this for her family. My husband loved it so I got the recipe. I have had it for at least 40 years. I didn't realize they were calling this Old Fashioned now days. Hubby and Jon and I loved it. Allexcia thinks it's gross. LOL I have no clue why she's just a different critter sometime. I looked it up on the net to check my ingredients and yup I had it all right. I made some on Saturday and so today (Sunday) he gets to eat it. I sent some home with Nikki since they like it.
   Normally it is pretty like the picture on the right. This time I used a cheaper store brand an I won't do that again. Not only is it not pretty it doesn't hold together as good as usual. I might have put too many marshmallow in it but it just isn't holding up as good. I don't go to all the work, expense of ingredients and mess in the kitchen to have something not work right. So to heck with the cheaper brands!
    Hope you give it a try and enjoy. I don't really like the nuts in it. Hubby said they are good. I used to eat one of those big wide pieces and just gobble it up. Now I am lucky to eat a little piece. I took my chances and I ate some. Boy all those cow ingredient were good! I don't know if I can get away with it again without having breathing issues. Oh Well! Hubby was complaining I haven't made it in ages so now he has something good his mama used to make.

Love
Ranchmama

Desserts
Mother In Law Green Jello

 
Yield: 1 regular bundt pan and about 4 cups to share

2 sm. pkgs. Lime Jello               
2- cup Hot Water                        
1 - tsp. Sugar
1- cup mayo
1 -2 - cups Colored Mini Marshmallows
1/2 - Carton Lg. Cottage Cheese
2 - cup Pet condensed Milk
2 - cups Chopped Red Apples (with peel)
1 - cup Chopped Nuts
1 - cup Crushed Pineapple (drained)
( Extra marshmallows for top)

Stir jello, water, and sugar together until everything is dissolved.
Add marshmallows into warm water, stir letting the marshmallows melt some.
Add mayo stirring until everything is blended.
Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
Pour into a bundt pan to let chill overnight.
Cover top with more colored marshmallows

**** NOTES ****
**** Spray your bundt pan with pam really well.
**** Use a extra large bowl / pan for mixing everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment