Thursday, March 12, 2020

Ho Hummmmmmmmm ....

    This is the general opinion I am encountering in our part of the world. 
    That is also the reaction I get the last few days when I talk to someone about THE VIRUS. I have talked to a few family and friends in Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma. I have talked to 30 somethings with kids, 50 and 80 year old's. The general consensus is they have their extra meds, they don't think it's going to be that bad and even they're just going to let God take care of it. I asked one lady about the little tiny church out here when Jon got married. It is a small church and many of the people are 50+ years old going. She said so far everyone is showing up to church. They don't appear to be talking about or anyway taking any steps just in case. One relative is a younger family and they are not in the age group of needing to worry so much about THE VIRUS effecting their family as it would my husband and I. She just doesn't like the idea of the news trying to scare everyone to the point that it is trying to dictate their daily living. Many of these folks are not in hot zones the way you see on tv including hubby and I.
   Nikki and her hubby were not feeling well and went to make sure they didn't have the flu or anything. They are fine and just appear to have a lousy cold. They are staying away from me and hubby so we don't get sick. That's just what we would do at any time. 

   Allexcia in Arkansas said there is a Catholic School in Subiaco with kids from around the world going there. These kids can not go home because they could bring the virus back to the school. I didn't realize the Monks there were that famous. I always heard of the school when I was in Arkansas but I didn't realize people all over the world sent their kids there. I believe it is a all boys school.
   As far as I am concerned I am really worried about things shutting down to the point it is hard to get what is needed to at least eat at home. We normally have about a comfortable weeks worth of chow any time. Right now I am trying to get at least a months worth of meat in the freezer. For me that is chicken. Talk about ho hummm ! You can get tired of that real quick. LOL I have no choice. I have a lot of stuff but I need loads of stuff anyway just to be able to stay at the house and not get out among the folks. I would like to have a months worth so I don't have to even think about going to the store. 
   As long as the local governments don't restrict movement and the President doesn't feel the need to shut down everything.  Most folks should be all right as long as the delivery places like Walmart's ordering / pick up is working and Amazon and Sam's is shipping and able to deliver to the home. Oh yes and we have enough loot or room on the credit card to order and either pick up or deliverer to the home.
  Other than the fact that I can not handle the common cold so any virus or allergy can do me in, I am concerned. You can try to ignore the news and say it isn't that bad around us ... yet. But I am really worried about the supply chain. The ability to be able to purchase the needed things for everyone's every day normal functions. From the toilet paper to the box of cereal and milk for breakfast.
   There are so many folks that even if they are concerned more than the folks I have talked to are just not able to financially afford to miss work or stock up. So if you are in the " I BETTER JUST IN CASE " mode and want to have some extra around please be sure to have extra for your immediate family and maybe the neighbor next door. Just in case. You can always eat on your insurance and save a few trips to the store later. It won't hurt as long as you get what your family likes to eat.
   Spring is coming thank goodness ! Sunshine and lots of vitamin D outside! We can plant a few veggies maybe and feel good in the idea we have some fresh chow for the table. If your trying to have extra around the house it's the fresh fruit, veggies and milk that's hard to stock up on.
   Well I better get going. It is spring here and as you have heard on the news it's tornado season. We are in tornado alley around here and the weather man says we could have some rough weather and need the cellar in the next few days. Time for the TORNADO GO BAG check! I know! Something else to be ready for! I promise you ..... I have had to use the grab the tornado go bag lots of times ! We need to go calk the cellar before the rains start so it will be a little drier but I don't know if we will get that done in time.

Love
Ranchmama
(always trying to stay a step ahead of the What if's )

No comments:

Post a Comment