Sunday, March 8, 2020

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup!





   I always liked Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. Any more though you pay loads of money for a can and get a few noodles and just nuggets of chicken. On top of all that it's so salty it's hard to eat.
   Hubby accidentally bought boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts. I  really didn't know what to do with them until I was craving some chicken noodle soup. I tossed some in a pot of water with chicken bouillon and boiled until done and fork tender. I cut it into chunks and added 1# of linguini noodles with the noodles broken into 3rds. They were perfect! It made a really tasty soup.
   Sad part is we ate a big bowl full and we’re still hungry. Even with loads of chicken. You would think we would have felt full.
   It was still really good. I had some sage and pepper. No added salt because the bouillon had plenty. I put some thinly sliced onion and celery in the mix to try and sneak it by hubby. I think it worked because he didn't complain and I didn't see any picked out. LOL
  I'm tickled to learn the linguini noodles worked so good for that.
 I have a whole pot full of chicken and noodles that have soaked up all the juices so I guess I'm going to have to make some more broth and add the noodles we want to eat into it to make it into a soup again.
  It will make a good lunch or two.
  I had so many noodles in it and when you tried to eat them they slipped off the spoon so we just used a fork then a soup spoon for the left over juices.

Love
Ranchmama

No comments:

Post a Comment