Sunday, October 6, 2019

No I didn't ruin them ..... I promise ...

Every now and then like every few years or so I get tired of my cast iron getting rough around the inside edges and not being able to clean it easy and then there is the thing that all cast iron does since it is porous....... it makes a greasy kind of seasoning on the bottom of the pan.
    Well mine is so thick I swear it's squishy on the sides and the bottom ring on the LODGE pans gets to the point it is just even with all the cooked on seasoning. My glass top stove starts getting hard to clean off grease ? rings on the top of it.
    Well...... it just hit me this morning and look what I did...

 


 
 Ahh ... you know how it goes..... you start one place and then get carried away ! LOL I peeled off a bunch .... smelled like strips of bacon it was so long and thick! LOL Then I put it in the grill at 600* for about 1 hour. STILL ! the inside in some places are still rough! The bottom is  still thick on some also. I did succeed in burning just under the ring finger nail bed, about the size of a rice grain, on the 600* pan somehow. I put my Burn Tamer on it every time is started to hurt a little for about a hour. It's not even red now.  

   Tomorrow I'm going to get a wire brush and a drill after the worse spots. Husband is afraid I'm going to put grooves in them. I told him no I've done it before.

     I can just hear everyone saying "I can't believe it!" She's ruined them ! Is she stupid ??? LOL No... none of the above.

It's just I use these pans 2 or 3 of them at a time at least 2 times a day. So they get a real work out. I just haven't learned how to cook in them and keep them smooth. Even with fresh washing with or without soap and then drying and greasing up again. That's just the way it goes. So every few years they get a ...... DO OVER.....!
Tomato sauces really do some damage. lol

Hey I said I use them for everything.

Love
Ranchmama
( getting ready for tomorrows work out. )











 

2 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion, no tomatoes or any acid food in cast iron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well..... I know your not supposed to... but... it just don't work that way around here sometimes. Spaghetti meat cooking in the pan just naturally gets the sauce tossed in it just so I don't have to clean another pan. LOL I need to send another picture of the finished job. They are pretty now.
    Love
    Ranchmama

    ReplyDelete