Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Ranchmama Allergic to MEAT ?!

Yup sure enough. Reading up on the subject looks like it is pretty common for the ticks in Arkansas ( where I lived for many years ) to carry this problem and folks become allergic to meat when bitten. 
  Thought I should be tested when I found out I was allergic to pork they used to prepare the blood thinner I took after the cancer surgery. 
    They say you can usually eat chicken and fish but there are no promises. Think I will start with this list to avoid and see what happens first.
   I was looking at this list and the pork allergy is less than the beef which I eat more of. I could see what the pork meds they gave me did so I am just guessing the beef must mess me up a lot more. 
    Sooooooo...... no telling how long this has been going on but if I can avoid these meats maybe I can breath a whole lot better and a few other things!
   Love
Ranchmama
(who things it's crazy for a Ranching Mama to be allergic to meat ! LOL )

Alpha - gal Testing (for Meat allergy )
Component Results
Component                                           Your Value       Standard Range
ALLERGEN BEEF, IGE                           3.36 kU/L          <0.35 kU/L
BEEF CLASS    2       



ALLERGEN LAMB/MUTTON, IGE          1.10 kU/L          <0.35 kU/L
LAMB/MUTTON CLASS    2 

     
ALLERGEN PORK, IGE    .....................  1.81 kU/L          <0.35 kU/L
PORK CLASS    2       



The test method is the Phadia ImmunoCAP allergen-specific IgE system.
CLASS INTERPRETATION <0.10 kU/L= 0, Negative;
0.10 - 0.34 kU/L= 0/1, Equivocal/Borderline; 0.35 - 0.69
kU/L=1, Low Positive; 0.70 - 3.49 kU/L=2, Moderate
Positive; 3.50 - 17.49 kU/L=3, High Positive; 17.50 -
49.99 kU/L= 4, Very High Positive; 50.00 - 99.99 kU/L= 5,
Very High Positive; >99.99 kU/L=6, Very High Positive

                                                                                  Your Value       Standard Range                                                             
GALACTOSE - ALPHA -1, 3 - GALACTOSE, IGE    7.15 kU/L          <0.10 kU/L


Previous reports (JACI 2009;123:426-433) have demonstrated that patients with

IgE antibodies to galactose-a-1,3-galactose are at risk for delayed anaphylaxis, angioedema, or urticaria following consumption of beef, pork, or lamb.


No comments:

Post a Comment