Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Beans & Seasoning, Pasta, Red Velvet Dinner

                       Bean Counting: The Bean Yield Chart
               
https://beaninstitute.com/bean-counting-the-bean-yield-chart/

1 pound bag of dry beans =
2 cups dry beans
1 pound bag of dry beans = 6 cups cooked beans, drained
1 cup of dry beans =
3 cups cooked beans, drained
½ cup cooked beans, drained = 1 serving of beans
One 15-oz. can of beans = 13/4 cups cooked beans, drained
One 15-oz. can of beans  = 
31/2 servings of beans

 

  


I made a huge pot of pinto beans ( 6 cups dried) and 1” chunky ham. Hubby had a couple helpings and the rest went into the freezer. A total of 4 wonderful containers. It will be great on those days I just really don’t feel like cooking. I used this recipe for seasoning.

Bean Soup Seasoning Mix
https://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes/how-to-make/bean-soup-seasoning/


Bean Soup Seasoning Mix
SERVINGS 1 cup
Ingredients
For One Pot of Soup For About 1 Cup of Mix
    1 3/4 tsp Chili Powder 3 Tbsp Chili Powder
    3/4 tsp Ground Cumin 5 tsp Dried Basil
    1 tsp Dried Basil 4 tsp Ground Cumin
    3/4 tsp Dried Oregano 4 tsp Dried Oregano
    3/4 tsp Black Pepper 4 tsp Black Pepper
    1/2 tsp Salt 2 1/2 tsp Salt
    1/4 tsp Garlic Powder 1 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
    1/4 tsp Onion Powder 1 1/4 tsp Onion Powder

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Use immediately or store in an airtight container.
Use approximately 2 Tbsps. per pot of soup, or to taste.

This is the discontinued Bean Soup Seasoning Mix from Bob's Red Mill. They had their Food Innovation Chef at Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods, create a recipe you can put together at home! Use it to stir it into dips, sprinkle it over scrambled eggs, popcorn and roasted potatoes, use it as taco seasoning or use it to flavor veggie burgers. It's so versatile, they renamed it Bob's Chili-Herb Seasoning Mix!

 I couldn’t eat the wonderful smelling beans because of the ham so I made a Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe for me.  Believe me it tasted better than what my pitiful picture looks like I used this recipe for inspiration.
https://keytomylime.com/chicken-macaroni-salad-recipe/#mv-creation-231-jtr 

                                 Recipe Picture                             Mine
The best chicken macaroni salad recipe.    


        I added sliced olives, lesure peas and only used about 1/2 the amount of spices. The smoked paprika really made it good. I just opened some canned chicken instead of cooking.
      I played with a red velvet cake recipe of my mother in law’s that is well over 60 yo. It turned out good but I need to play with it since modern ovens etc are different. I made 6 cupcakes and one 6” cake with cream cheese frosting. Hubby had 1 cupcake and I tried another. It was good! I gave the other 4 to Nikki’s family. I will keep the recipe. I’m paying for eating the milk products but at least I know it’s good. 

 


Well that’s my day enjoy the Seasoning & pasta recipe.
Love
Ranchmama


No comments:

Post a Comment