Friday, June 19, 2020

Fathers Day



       

    I was busy all day Thursday making 2 of these deep dish 9" Honey Pecan Pies for Fathers Day. They are for the 2 main men in our lives around here. My husband and Nikki's husband. They both just love pecan pie!
    It's a job to put together 2 at the same time and keeping all the ingredients straight and in the correct bowl! LOL
    I have yet to master moving the rolled out crust into the pie plate without it becoming a torn up mess. I have used the roll it up on the rolling pin method. I have tried the fold it in fourths method. I have even tried the roll it out on parchment paper and after laying the pie plate upside down on the dough flipping it over! This recipe is soooo tender it just will not hold together!
   I am thinking of maybe instead of rolling and laying on the plate just maybe trying to press it out in the pie plate and figure out some kind of edge I can put on the side that would make it look good and interesting..... Maybe next time when I am not in such a hurry.

Love
Ranchmama
  

No comments:

Post a Comment