Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Pretty Isn't Always Good



  I wanted to make some good cupcakes. These s'mores cupcakes look soooo good !
You start out with a graham cracker crust on the bottom of a chocolate cupcake with a nice plain white butter cream frosting on top. I tried 3 different versions of some kind of marshmallow frosting. Each one was a total bomb. Just terrible! I finally gave up and toasted large marshmallows in the oven. Sounds easy but believe me..... NOPE ! I had some baking paper under them so they might not stick bad and thank goodness. First they just toasted on top so I had to turn them now and then. Try that with tender fingers! Same goes with carefully taking them off and placing them on top of the frosting. You have to have the frosting or the although sticky marshmallows will not stick. I stuck some mini chocolate bars in and said done !    They looked wonderful ! BUT..... the cupcake recipe from Hershey's using a egg substitute just didn't work out. The cupcake just fell apart all around. Now the toasted marshmallows was the only thing that tasted really good. Otherwise this was a real flop darn it! The other thing is even if it turned out great and wonderful all the way the marshmallows were really hard to eat even warm. They were just soooo sticky and chewy when you take a bite. Maybe little mini ones would work better but they wouldn't be pretty then.       After that disaster I just had to do something that turned out good. I made a  
Vegan Golden Vanilla Cupcake turned into a Funfetti Cupcake!

Image result for vanilla cupcakesImage result for funfetti cupcakes
    This one turned out really nice! Everything held together good and The Sprinkles added the pizzaz it needed for just a plain cupcake. I got a kick out of Hubby. It was like the sprinkles just made the whole thing perfect! LOL  
                                                        Silly Man Child
    I have now found a banana cupcake that is really good! We all tried it plain and everyone liked it and said don't change it....... But I can't resist! I want to try a banana split cupcake when I get all the stuff together. It's amazing how many things you have to get together for these fancy cupcakes!
Love
Ranchmama




No comments:

Post a Comment