Friday, June 14, 2019

"Millions will be Mourning"

This is a little late in publishing and thank goodness I am sure some places have improved a tiny bit. I'm sure not enough and the problems with recovering are never easy. I am really hesitant sometimes to publicly publish this kind of messaging stuff but ... Some of us are just made different folks. Just push delete if you think this is to goofy for you. 
When I first posted about "Millions will be mourning". I had wondered about the water holding the dams in the nation could handle. When I asked it was a little vague but it's like a combination of things maybe a knock on effect. (links at the bottom if you want to skip the reading)
   I don't think it is any 1 place, I think there are several that are in bad shape and just can't take the stress of all this flooding. For the message to say millions I would think either several or a least one near a really really large population that could just disappear a lot of folks. It would be really unimaginable bad in these modern times. Since I first started writing this I have since learned there is a genuine worry about terrible diseases in the US like EBOLA and a few other nasties. When I get these messages without a complete definitive explanation I can't help but try to figure it out. I don't know if I'm just not meant to know or I am just not asking the correct questions. Either way when anyone gets a message out of the blue put into their head if nothing else it's a good idea to just be aware and be ready. Not to the point you worry yourself silly or totally upset you and the families life. Just be alert to any changes that your family may need to make to stay safe. 
   People just don't stop to think. We are all in a daily rut to live and cope with life. Some have lived in places and never had serious problems so it's just something they don't think will happen.
 Our infrastructure is tired, worn out in places and the states just can't keep up the fixing jobs with the amount of money they have.
I am from the Ark Oklahoma line around the Ft. Smith area. My daughter is sending me pictures of so many flooded area's that have never flooded before. I'm not talking about just a few inches over the roads I am talking FEET some midway up a semi truck deep. Everywhere she goes you have to go around somewhere or you just can't get there at all. Hospital workers that live in Oklahoma and work in Ark are having to drive over a hour just to try and get to work. Nikki's husbands parents live in northern Oklahoma and they have to go around 30 minutes to get out away from their place. Van Buren, Ark has a historic flood gate area where students have painted for many years the towns history. The flood gates are closed now and I believe the water is up and over the wall. A lot of historic places and some of the river bottom industry is being flooded. Levies are giving way in Logan county. Even if the rain stops there are so many places having to let out water through their floodgates and that water all goes downstream and towards the Arkansas and Mississippi rivers.
    I am sure it is the same story in many other states right now.
    This is just talking about the structural damages of roads, bridges, homes, stores and industry.
    My daughter is replanting the summer garden items now and crossing her fingers.
    Now think about all the 1000's of acres of all kinds of crops that just got washed away or rotted in the field. Not only is that a lot of food folks won't get and the prices will go up that is also a lot of farmers and ranchers that can get put under from the lost revenue. Even with government help on the loses it's never enough.
    Take a look around and if water is a issue in your area please make sure you have a way out or leave before you have bigger problems. As for the other weather events.. like tornadoes..... try to keep the rabbit hole dry and stocked with some bare essentials.

Love
Ranchmama

   This was posted by DS about a dam that has all kinds of structural damage that appears it could give way with very little effort. Lets hope it and others hold up to the stress.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jiuiMWuoA
 

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8lnDfyfMZM





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, Bonnie. I for one want to hear your warnings. I need to fill holes in my preps and hurry up and get my Site B finished. God bless.

    ReplyDelete