Thursday, November 26, 2020

HAPPY 2020 PANDEMIC THANKSGIVING !

                                          24 Cheap, Healthy Holiday Recipes | Cheapism.com

https://blog.cheapism.com/cheap-healthy-holiday-recipe-ideas/#slide=4

Well here is hoping you are smiling and as cheerful as this picture from a blog on this Pandemic Thanksgiving! As I said in another post this years traditions are having to be adjusted for many people. Some are staying home not having any company at all and doing nothing. I just can't "do nothing" ! Some folks it is business as usual with family filling the house or with just a few that are in their bubble.
    I have something in mind for hubby and I. The problem is I have had a few messed up Blood Pressure days with extremely high readings and trying to get it under control. Finally had to resort to call the doctor to get meds but things are better at the moment thank goodness. So although I had plans... they have been delayed until the day of Thanksgiving! I MEAN I HAVE COOKED NOTHING!!!! Well I do at least have my recipes together and picked up some needed things from walmart on Wednesday to cook with. I plan on hopefully getting everything done today and having a great supper tonight about 5pm. If I get enough cooking done I plan on sharing some to go boxes I have with family and a friend or three.
   Funny ... I made the Boston Cream Pie the other day for the first time. It was ok but as usual for me still a blah cake. LOL What I did find after making the cake mess was the original recipe made by the famous hotel in Boston. They actually had it posted on their website! So now I have to do it again sometime with the orignal true recipe. I figure if it has been served there for years and years at a high price then they must have that recipe down pat and I can have a terrific recipe to ad to my collection. There is a interesting history with this recipe but won't go into now.
    Well anyway... I shared about 1/4 of the cake with Nikki and hubby then another 1/4 with her grandma and grandpa I have been teasing about fattening him up to get his strength back. I called a few days later and asked how the cake went over. She said great! They had never had one before. There daughter lives nearby and helps them a lot. I asked if Christy got to have some. She said , "Not a bite!" I told the grandma I guess that's what she gets for not being handy! There was 3 large pieces so I know there was enough. I laughed so hard because that was a lot of cake for 2 older folks. I talked to their daughter and she didn't even have a clue they had a dessert to share! We both laughed that they enjoyed it. It was like they weren't going to let on they had something good in the house.
   Here is my meal plan, now how much of that will actually get done is another story! LOL Seems like I forgot rolls so plain ol sandwich bread will have to do since I don't have rolls in the freezer.  I am sure I am forgetting something but here it is. I hope I can make it through all this in one day. Several people act like no big deal if they skip this pandemic holiday but we have enough just plain ol nasty blah careful days! So I am going to do at least SOMETHING to make this day seem like a special day!
 
Love
Ranchmama
  • Baked and seasoned chicken breasts with chicken flavored gravy / sauce (depending on your idea of what you call the stuff) country folks just call it chicken gravy! LOL
                     How to Make Perfect Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts Everytime! | Clean Food  Crush
  • Mashed potatoes for the hubby
                      Mashed Potatoes Recipe - Cooking Classy
  •  Maple Glazed Carrots with Cinnamon  for me
https://www.aspicyperspective.com/quick-maple-glazed-carrots-with-cinnamon/

                       add butter and maple syrup
  • Crock-Pot Sweet Potato Casserole  ( Except I will just do mine on top of the stove)
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a56583/crock-pot-sweet-potato-casserole-recipe/

                         Best Crock-Pot Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe - How to
        Make Crock-Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
  • Mother In - laws Green Jello  this is something hubby loves his mom would make. Green jello, mini colored marshmallow (I couldn't find colored ones at walmart or another store!) apples, crushed pineapple, are the main ingredients. I have the recipes somewhere on the blog.I love this stuff but with alpha gal allergy the marshmallow and gelatin makes me not breathe so I just have to skip it.
                     Creamy Lime Jello Salad - Homemade Hooplah
  • Egg Custard pie... haven't had one in years so going to try this new recipe and new pie crust. If I use a shortening crust and coconut or soy milk I can dig into this! ( not like I need to but it's a holiday!)
                Amelia's Egg Custard Pie pg. 39 Southern Pie Book
                 
  • Coconut Custard pie ... same here if I use coconut milk this is all mine but I will share with some folks I know that like this kind of pie like Nikki's grandpa. 
                 slice
          of coconut custard pie on a plate with whipped cream and
          toasted coconut flakes
  • Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake --- Just to have pumpkin for the holiday
https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/pumpkin-gooey-butter-cake-2/

                  Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake - Dinner at
          the Zoo

  • Libby's Pumpkin Roll ..... This I have not mastered and since this is all last minute I have a feeling this one won't make it to the table tonight.
                 LIBBY'S PUMPKIN ROLL - YouTube







No comments:

Post a Comment