Friday, January 9, 2015

Christmas 2014





The Christmas snow just missed us by a few days! It's just a light covering they say it will be melted by this afternoon sometime. If the grass isn't uncovered by late afternoon hubby will need to put out hay for the cows. 

Isn't this just beautiful ! One of my Christmas presents from my daughter. I am pretty much spoiled and don't need much but I really am in need of some pretty holiday decorations. This will be a nice addition . 

I had great plans ( although I was still about 3 days from the dinner an still didn't have a tree up or decorations planned) . I decided I wanted to have a cookie tree since each year the tree has different decorations. I have had beef jerky trees, ammo trees, hot wheel trees, candy cane, family recipes, just all kinds but this year since I was making so many cookies I would just hang some from the tree! Wa la !! Done deal u would think! Well not really, I just had to settle for a nice shiny tree instead. 


    I went overboard this year and spoiled everyone rotten. Everyone got what they considered a wow present. I figured I can't always afford those an this yr I could so why not spoil them?! I managed to wrap everything in foil but bows just didn't make it on the boxes. 


   I really was way behind on getting things put together so I cheated and we bought cheesecake and pies. Of course we still had the cookies! Lol


   Daughter traveled in from Ark with her husband an 2 of the 3 sons. She pretty much catered the dinner and we had baked salmon and chicken breasts! Throw in a few veggies and we were good to go . It was a whole lot easier than a oven going strong for several days before. My Heart Daughter wasn't able to make it so we had to party without her this time. 


This grandson loves Under Armour! His mother refuses to buy such a expensive  hoodie! Well that is where Grandmothers come in! Lol I hear tell he starts picking one out months before Christmas and afterwards you can't hardly get him out of it. He will also not give it up easily to little brother even tho it is ridiculously to small.


    The youngest grandson still enjoys cool things like air soft guns. This is a rifle an pistol with 5000 pellets. It's amazing how expensive these toys are! Wow! I was told he was sleeping with it when he got home. Typical male !!! 
   It's funny every picture I took of my daughter something was blurred! She is always moving so it doesn't surprise me to have a hard time getting a good pic!


Son in law loves to grill ! He wanted a Coleman folding propane grill and cast iron pots and pans.... I told him he gets to put it together!


My Heart Daughter has my husband wrapped around her little finger ! She talked him into letting her have her wow present ( a special edition pink Yeti cooler ) weeks before Christmas one cold day after they were done with their outside work! I promised not to put a pic up but she can just count herself lucky I didn't put the really good one with the totally  surprised look on her face ! Lol


I got my husband a lulu loader and a queen size dual control electric blanket since he is always cold on blood thinners.  I love it myself. I told hubby it's like crawling into a baked potatoe!
  Well that is about all. We have had several family parties we attended and only 1 had someone that the whole family  tries to avoid. We just ignored him the best we could. There r just some folks that are just not good people to be around. They will never change or be trustworthy and they have just hurt too many family members to even attempt to consider doing anything different than just avoid!
     Christmas turned out really nice this year even though I was a week behind everything I tried to get done. Lol next year will be better organized. I promise!

Love
Ranchmama


1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the snow, I stay cold enough as it is! I used to love the winter. *sigh

    ReplyDelete