Sunday, June 12, 2022

Good Gosh Almighty It's HOT !

                                      

Borrowed this from
https://basements911.com/blog/summer-tips-humidity/sweating-sun/
I think they got it figured out! LOL It's hot!

    Good Gosh Almighty! It is 9am and 81* feeling like 92* with 82% humidity!
    Went out to pick up a 4' long Cholla limb that fell off a 6' tall bush and we replanted it along the row of other ones we replanted. Had to use post hole diggers in wet clay soil. Wet wasn't a easy dig but dry would have been impossible! Well to be honest nothing about this little chore was easy. We are not made for this heat and humidity OR the post hole muscles you have to use any more!! Dang you think your doing great and wonderful then you have something like that remind you ya ain't a spring chicken any more!
   I have learned to make a list of my big To Do's I want to get done. If I don't it's just every day what you have to do to make it through a day sometimes and things just get passed up. This way hubby can see I am trying to get something done and he stays out of the way or will actually work around my available time to do something for him.
    He just isn't as active as he used to be because of ailments causing a lot of pain and weakness. Most of the time it is me trying to get things done. I have also learned to give him small projects that not only help me out but keeps him busy and useful. Any man that has been active as much as he has the last 60 years and then has to slow down this much it is a really hard adjustment. He is finally recovering a tiny bit from last years surgeries, anemia and whatever else that bit him in the tail. Still trying to get his iron built up.
   I thought after the bleeding ulcer where he lost over 1/2 his blood and then a few months latter did the L3 - L5 surgeries we were in the clear. Problems popped up this April when we thought we all had the sniffles and sneezes for allergies and he suddenly has O2 drop down to 80! I ran him to the nearest walk in clinic and they said they can't do anything for someone with O2 below 90. So then go a few blocks down the road and go to the local ER. Sure enough he has lots of blood clots in the legs and a big one in the lungs. They kept him there for 2 days and nothing was getting better.  I asked my lung doctor to go take a look and they sent him to OK City for a procedure. Like the one they did on me for looking at my heart. They just sent that wire up to some kind of bridge in the lungs and took out 98% of the blood clot. He said he felt better instantly.  They kept him another day then sent him home on blood thinners.
    Goodness folks! A full year of trying to die on me! With pretty much no blood or blood pressure and blood clots and now 7 trips to the ER I just keep waiting for the next shoe to fall. I had to monitor his BP meds because if he continued taking them it would have killed him so I had to take them all away at times. not one of those ER trips caught the too low BP they just said keep taking his BP meds. I swear! Doctors seem so stupid sometimes! Here they have all the computer records to check everything and still couldn't see the changes in BP and the actual amount of blood he had.
     So good things to have on hand..... BP monitors, Blood sugar testing (even though your not diabetic), thermometers, O2 sensors ( pulse ox). Those are just the basics and I would say have 2 of each. One is none and 2 is one kind of thing. Well for us hubby likes his and I'm supposed to have my own so it works. LOL
    Also know what your blood pressure meds do. If you take more than one figure out which one does the top (systolic) and which one does the bottom (diastolic) . There were times I had to do away with one and continue with the other. I was checking his BP ever 4 hours before he took some other meds that would lower his blood pressure anyway. No the doctor didn't tell me to do ANY of that! I just was lucky enough to have enough knowledge to keep him alive just barely.
     Figure out what you need to keep blood pressure up for you if needed. Since I didn't know he had a stomach bleed after repeated trips to all those ER's I had to get his really low BP (80? /59 I can't remember maybe lower) back up I used caffeine in Pepsi and salty chips. That only lasted so long. Then I also had to make sure he had enough sugar for energy and all kinds of crazy things! He had no appetite it was like a infant with just small bites and he would get full quick. All of that was part of the anemia. He knew he had to eat but just couldn't.
    Well we learned a lot. He survived and I have made sure to have extra health tools around and foods to use as medications. I'm not kidding folks...........
     Get your home ER set up with not only emergency things but with whatever your family needs to get well or stabilized until professionals can take over.
      Crazy things are happening with our world. Medical equipment for lab tests are either not available, in very short supply in places. Saline, glucose, plastic tubing for procedures, syringes, whatever chemical they need to view Ex ray stuff. Nurses are spread thin. How's this one.... Ambulance services are not available in some areas or taking forever, like hours, to get somewhere. This is due to break downs and no parts unless they can rob from another vehicle. Fuel prices are also determining coverage also.
     Also.... it's surprising how important it is... know your blood type! I am O+ and hubby is B+. My daughter is something wild I think she said AB -- ?? I said where the heck did you come up with that ?  I said it must have been the milk man. LOL I kept wondering why Hubby keeps getting soooo many blood clots.... here is what I found out.
https://healthandlovepage.com/blood-type-blood-clots/
    As a matter of fact, any blood type when compared to O blood type had a much higher risk of developing blood clots. More precisely, 44% higher chances of developing thrombosis, and 51% higher chances of deep venous thrombosis. Also, they had a 47% higher chance of developing a condition named embolism (a blood clot going to the lungs)
   So if you have any other blood type than O and have had surgeries of any type or even some of the Vaccines and boosters be aware of any changes you may have. It is sneaky in some and sudden in other instances.
    If you don't know next time you go for a check up ask them to check and tell you. We were doing really good with the turmeric at 2000mg daily. I had them check his blood thickness and for clots on one of those ER trips and every thing was fine. I guess the surgery and ulcer invasion was more than his body could take.
   Check what foods or vitamins you can eat or take to help thin blood. You never know if we will be able to get some of these meds with the world being stupid now days.

Love
Ranchmama

    





No comments:

Post a Comment