Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Decorating This Years Tree

 



    I feel all better now. I was having a hard time getting into Christmas this year. I don't care how much shopping you do online it's nothing compared to really and truly good old walking around driving to different stores and shopping. NOW THAT IS REAL SHOP THERAPY!! Got me in the mood really good now. Hubby could even sit in the car and go with me. That was nice. The bones in his back shift around a lot and at this moment he can sit easier than he can stand without huge amount of pain.
    I had a hard time figuring out what kind of decorated tree I was going to have this year. I mean ... after that over the top Covid Tree..... really ! LOL I had to go to dollar tree and get some wrapping paper. I have used the paper I have the last 3 years or so. I was really tired of it!  I'm going to donate it to the church and let them enjoy. As I was looking through I found some really really cute Gingerbread men paper that thrilled the baker in me. Then I spotted the ultimate.... wrapping paper in foil with deer of all kinds on it! That settled it! Reindeer Tree it is! Look at the pretty card I found also at Hobby Lobby! It has glitter of course. All the other many deer ornaments I found at dollar tree were all kinds of gold and silver. I found some more things at hobby lobby for a lot more money even if it is half price. I loved the chrome 2' tall deers but not about to spend that much on it ! I am not a big decorator person like some women. I have enough "stuff" laying around the house. When it comes to Christmas Trees now I'm right there all about it!
    I have a big mess in bags in the house now. I am in a crunch to do as much as I can before his surgery. I tell you what though.... with all this glitter on the ornaments and tree I am going to look like a fluffy pole dancer (ooo scary thought don't think about that LOL) just shinning everywhere I go! Oh well I might go get some silver glitter and sprinkle it on me and just own it!
      If I ever get it together and get something done I will send you pictures of the ornaments an maybe the tree decorated. At least I won't be painting little blue masks on the ornaments this year. LOL I don't know though.... seems to me these deer need a red nose of glitter glued on! Only if I have time.......
     Now if I can just figure out what I want to bake and get with it. I'm having a difficult time with that mood. I know once I get to baking it will kick in but until then it is darn hard to get started.
   Hope everyone is having a good season and your family gets to indulge and pass on some of your favorite traditions.


Love
Ranchmama




1 comment: