Sunday, November 14, 2021

Our Changing World

      

     Today (Saturday) I went to the tiny town of Chandler Ok. Had to get some tire caps. You know those little things that covers the place that you put air in. I had the tires checked and they left one off. Naturally I didn't notice and hubby did. DRIVES HIM CRAZY! So I go all the way to town to O' Reilly's to get some. I passed walmart on the way and I see a small family standing by the entrance next to the road. Mom, Dad and 2 kids in strollers. I couldn't see a sign if they had one from where I was driving. You could tell they were in need standing there in weather cold enough to wear coats. I don't know if they just needed a ride or were hungry either one or both.I went on by and now THAT is what drove me crazy! I picked up his tire caps. I was going to go to Mc D's and while I was there I bought 2 of the $10 gift cards to give to the family on the way back. I won't give cash but I will give something like food or certificates on occasion. I couldn't stand the idea of the babies hungry. As I drove back I didn't see them there. I drove through the parking lot and didn't see them anywhere. So I guess someone came along and helped them during that little time I was gone. It was a relief to see they got help.
   So now I have 2 mc D's cards for some other time. I can't really afford to just give out that kind of stuff. Maybe in larger cities you see this kind of thing all the time but not in the little tiny towns of rural America. I know I can donate to churches etc. to help the needy but I personally know a few people that can't even get to a church or don't know of the places to go for help. I am afraid we will be seeing more families in need all across America in those same small towns. Along the streets, in front of stores and maybe even so desperate to come knocking on our doors. Knocking on my door isn't something I welcome. I am far enough out that if you see someone you don't know at your door you either don't answer or have a gun in your hand or close by if your so inclined.
     I see grown rough looking men on the road all the time. Sometimes with their dog. Tempted to help out because the dog can't help it if their owner is a bozo and can't get his stuff together in life to do better. I usually drive on.
    I got to thinking though. My Husband wouldn't go along with it I'm sure but if we start seeing families in need along the way maybe we should have some gift cards for food handy. Maybe a gallon zip lock bag or 2 in the vehicle with stable foods in it.
Crackers
Peanut butter
Jelly packages from the take out.
Granola bars
A piece of candy
some kind of bottled or box drink
Vienna Sausages
    I always save the extra take out utensils in the little bags and salt and pepper packages. Maybe something like dry dog food for the doggies. I wouldn't put it past a person eating the kibbles if starving but that's not my problem. Frosty is a classy puppy dog and has a good quality puppy food so they would be slumming in style I guess.
   I don't know. It is a worry. Our world is changing in many places not for the better.
   I / we can't fix it all but I guess we can try when it is close to home in hopes you can make a dent in the problems and make our neighborhoods not so terrible for people.
   Sooo if you can stock up for your family to keep from being in such dire food need maybe you can get even more extra's to have handy for the family, friends or people along the roads in need.
   Just be careful when giving. You don't want to approach folks out and about to help them and wind up in physical danger. People are not always good people and sometimes desperate folks do desperate things. That includes not telling people in the area you have extra goods for you family. They may think they can help themselves to your pantry sometime when your not home and clean you out.
  
Love
Ranchmama


No comments:

Post a Comment