Monday, November 15, 2021

Holiday Season or Doctor Season ?

    


I can't decide which one it is this year.
On the 18 of this month November (Thursday )  I go in for a heart procedure to open up a vein that has collapsed. It is the inferior vena cava. They go into the wrist with some kind of wire and take a look at the heart. He said they could clean out any calcium deposits or put in a stint or anything that's needed along those lines in the process.
    My O2 is down to 80 when I move around. Makes getting things done difficult when you can't walk across the room without taking a rest. I keep going though. It can be caused by lots of things anything from cancer or the uterus crowding it. I don't have one of those anymore since that was all removed with the cancer surgery in 2017. This is my 5th year so if I am all clear this year I am good. As much scar tissue as I had and how much they had to dig and scoot things around when doing the surgery anything is possible. Something else .... I could have even had covid and didn't know it. Daughter says it is causing heart issues like this. Just before this I had a terrible time breathing with congestion and nasty nose stuff getting all kinds of things out of the chest at the time. I figured it was just the rag weed / mold outside doing it then. Who knows.
    Hubby and daughter are driving me crazy with it could be this or that could happen and what do we do if this happens ??!!!
I finally told them "I" am doing fine! What the ~!@%^# is your problem? It is what it is. It's a simple thing. I look at it like a tune up and I'm going to be able to breathe better and it may just fix a whole lot of stuff in the process! I survived 11 days in the hospital with my heart trying to stop repeatedly and being gutted. I was talking to angels and didn't know anything for 9 days. This will be a breeze!
   (Besides that I was told from the other side I'm fine but I'm not going to like it! )Great! Lets be cryptic! I know if I get a stent I won't like doing blood thinners for sure but if that is all I have to do and it may even get rid of other meds that's not a bad trade off.
    As far as cancer goes...From what the other side said. I'm not worried about that either I have been promised and assured for years I will not have that to worry about again. God is good I'm going to hold him at his word on that one.
    My main worry is they don't use the wrong blood thinner or some kind of dye with other ingredients in it I'm allergic to and try to kill me. I have told them about the blood thinner Heparin I need to go over the other stuff with them to make sure. Sometimes people just don't get Alpha Gal or even ever heard about it.
  Hubby was going crazy because he didn't know if I was going to have to spend the night or not. Once he read up on it more and decided I probably would with a stint he felt all better. I have always said he is like his mother.... She had to make a appointment for 2 pm the next day to fart! So now he has all his farts lined up he feels better. LOL Now I just have to go down the list of to do's before I go in. We have someone to drive me and drop me off since he can't sit in the truck or drive dependably with the leg sciatica / back issues. I have to get him some TV dinners and teach him how to use the new microwave. He told me to get me some but I honestly can't find any I can eat without making me have breathing, itching problems. I told him I'll figure it out. I have to pick up his prescriptions before I go. There's a load of stuff. You would think I was going on vacation!
    Nikki is going to be tied up with things she can't get out of but probably can take me and drop me off. Daughter in Ark may get to come up and take me back home if nothing else hubby may need to suffer and come get me.
   I don't know how long it takes to recuperate from the procedure once I am home.
   December 16th  Hubby goes in for back surgery to repair / replace the disintegrated discs and clean out to make room for the nerves so he won't be in so much pain and can function. It will be nice when he can at least sit in the truck without being in so much screaming pain.
    Somewhere in this we are supposed to have some kind of holiday... lol
    I have had crazier dinners! I remember when I was pregnant with Jon at Christmas. I was huge ... I don't mean I felt huge I was. I couldn't walk because of the back an pelvic area were so weak or loose I would just crumble so each step was a event. That Christmas I still pulled off a dinner. Ordered the turkey and all the trimmings and told folks to come and eat! One time I think it was a Thanksgiving, I was pregnant with my daughter and my sister I believe with hers. I had a tiny kitchen then.You should have seen the both of us bumping around trying to get stuff on the table. I was due in February and she was in December. Neither one of us have little pregers bellies! LOL
   So I figure we can still manage some kind of Holiday Dinners! If nothing else this season we will have some wonderful healthier days ahead of us!
   I have already started Christmas shopping and have at least one or two presents in. Now wrapping may be a different story around here. I can't actually order that in at a affordable price. LOL
  So now you see what the next 2 months are like around here...... healing, painful, improving and feeling oh so much better with every day!

What is the holiday season without some kind of craziness going on close to home ? Right?

Love
Ranchmama
(who needs to get this rearranging of the house done so I can cook!)

   

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you on Thursday. I'll be driving 2.5 hours from Site B to home so I'll have plenty of time to pay! You have the right attitude - you are just getting a tune up!
    Love
    Dave

    ReplyDelete