Friday, February 12, 2021

Should I take the Covid vaccine?

 Image result for covid
 For that matter should I personally take any vaccine..... the answer is NO. My reason is with alpha gal allergy anything coming from a mammal can cause me health issues even to the point of sudden death. We found that out in the hospital with the cancer surgery using I believe it was heparin. ( it is made from pig snot or at least that's what I call it LOL) They give you anticoagulants to prevent blood clots during an after surgery in huge amounts sometime during the process. Whenever they gave me a dose my heart stopped or at least seriously tried to.  
    I really don't like the idea of the vaccine for political reasons but I wanted to see if it was safe for me to take if I wanted to so I did some research.
    I found that for me it is safer to avoid any vaccines because many maybe most use human fetal cells or monkey cells or even mouse cells in their development. This is some of what I learned. For someone else it may be other reasons. You may have known allergies and health issues that your having a hard enough time dealing with and would rather avoid the shots. The biggest problem is other than the fact we don't really know the long term years, or short term 3 hours or 6 months later, effects to our bodies of the shot, many people have no clue they have a problem until they take it and immediately react badly to it. 

How making a COVID-19 vaccine confronts thorny ethical issues
A shot at COVID-19 vaccine development shows the ethical issues behind commonly used cell lines
     Immortalized cell lines are crucial for many different types of biomedical research, not just vaccines. They’ve been used to study diabetes, hypertension, Alzheimer’s and much more. Some are human cells, but many also come from animal models. For example, many COVID-19 studies — beyond just those related to vaccines — are using Vero cells, a cell line derived from the kidney of an African green monkey, Rasmussen says.
     Cells derived from elective abortions, including HEK-293, have been used to develop vaccines, including rubella, hepatitis A, chickenpox and more. Other fetal cell lines, such as the proprietary cell line PER.C6, are also used in vaccine development, including for COVID-19. (When I had my surgery I had to sign a paper when I gave them my consent to use whatever they removed from me for laboratory research. I said sure! I sure don't need it, why waist something that might give them information they can use to help someone in the future.)

Are human immortalized cell lines necessary to make COVID-19 vaccines?

     More than 125 candidate vaccines against COVID-19 are under development around the world. As of July 2, 14 were in human trials.
    Those vaccines can be divided into a few different types. Some, such as RNA vaccines made by companies like Moderna (SN: 5/18/20), do not require a live cell, and thus, no cell line. But other types do require live cells during their production. That includes candidates that use the old-school method for developing vaccines: attenuation.
   Many current vaccines, such as those for influenza, hepatitis B and HPV, are grown in nonhuman cell lines and even chicken eggs, bacteria or yeast. But human cell lines are especially useful when working with a new virus, Koci explains. “We don’t know what’s really important” yet in how the coronavirus replicates, he says. There’s no guarantee that a nonhuman cell line will work immediately. Over a few years of work, Koci says, a COVID-19 vaccine might be developed that could be grown in yeast or chicken eggs. But we don’t have years. “We want to make [the system] look as [much like] a human cell as we can.”
This is where immortal cell lines come in.

What are some of the moral or ethical issues associated with cell lines such as HEK-293 and HeLa?
    No matter what cell line is used, ethical questions will need to be answered. Cell lines derived from animals have all the ethical complications associated with animal research. But in the case of fetal cells, some anti-abortion groups are opposed to using anything that involves fetal cell lines anywhere in its development
    There is much more about all of this at this link explaining in much more detail the how whens and why all this is done in testing and using human and animal cells.
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid19-vaccine-ethical-issues 

For me though I found out what I need to about the safety for me.
Love
Ranchmama ( all vitamined up and avoiding folks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment