Sunday, February 14, 2021

Pineapple Orange Birthday Cakes



Had a friend with a birthday last Friday but the weather here was really nasty so much so you only went out when you had to even with four wheel drive
    So today (Saturday) I made a Pineapple Orange Cake  https://www.shugarysweets.com/pineapple-orange-cake/ for her! I know it's more a summer type of cake but believe me we have had sooo much gloomy weather we just needed something summer like! The cake has mandarin oranges in it. The frosting has crushed pineapple, coolwhip and vanilla pudding mix.  It was supposed to be a 13x9 but I made it into two 8” rounds. I didn’t know I was going to make it until I saw the weather was going to be balmy sunny 20*!
     Since her parents live nearby and are old enough they didn’t need to be on the ice I said I would drop it off there so they could celebrate with her. Turns out she was trying to steer clear of her parents because she’s around to many people and didn’t want to get them sick so that’s why I made 2 cakes! One for her and one for her parents.
   It was really funny. The mom said she was in the mood for something sweet and was sticking her finger in the frosting trying it out before I even left! LOL  I got to taste the frosting since I had left overs and fed that to hubby for supper dessert. I loved it but it the only thing in it I could eat was the pineapple. Everything else made breathing difficult darn it! It was hard to resist for sure.
      I don’t usually make refrigerator cakes if for no other reason I just don’t have the room. I had to empty a whole shelf for a couple of hours to cool the cakes first and then to get the frosting to set good. I need another fridge!



        When done I sacked each one birthday plates, napkins and cups to go with each cake.
      I got lucky and had cake carriers to fit for transport. Hubby drove while I held the cakes. Here we were in a crew cab and I had to hold the cakes! The seats were up in the back. I had a huge warm coat a EDC gym bag called a purse and a 80# white Frosty girl in the back so no room for cakes to ride safely lol
      I had to go into the moms house with mask on to unload cake and retrieve the carrier.
      I told hubby I found cake boxes on the net but didn’t want to spend the money even though cheap. Hubby told me to make the order! Just makes things easier to deliver stuff!   
   No problem! Lots of pretty cake stuff should be in next week! Yea!!!

Love
Ranchmama 


     I got good reviews on the cake.They really liked the fruit in the cake, but I think I will find out for myself today and make another set of cakes for valentines day so we can enjoy them around here! I bet peach would be good also!


No comments:

Post a Comment