Monday, October 19, 2020

Baking Shortages Practice --- Eggless Cornbread

   I just tried out this recipe tonight. It started turning cool with temps in the 40*F range at night. We had black bean chili with cornbread!
There are just not than many egg free baking recipes I have found I like that really work for me. This one did pretty good. I had to change it up a bit for my crazy alpha gal issues but it still worked. A little bit crumbly in that it was very tender and you needed to be careful so it would hold together good.  I did everything I could to keep it close to the original to get a good result. Instead of the real thing I had to use substitutes for the
butter = butter flavored Crisco
buttermilk = coconut milk with apple cider vinegar
yogurt = I skipped an just added a equal amount of the buttermilk.
bacon. = I just put that on hubby's side of the pan.
Honey = Nothing since I am allergic and it already had brown sugar in it.
    She has all kinds of things at the bottom of the recipe you can add to it and personalize to your families tastes and likes.
   I don't know what it would be like if I used oil instead. You never know how things will turn out if you change major ingredients up in a recipe.
    Now remember my husband is one of those people that will go to Baskin Robbins and order vanilla ice cream! So his major complaint was it was too sweet with the brown sugar. He said I don't know why ANYBODY would want sugar in bread! I told him I like it and a lot of other people like sweet bread also. I love those Hawaiian sweet rolls. He can't tolerate them at all.
   He also complained saying his mama would put cracklings in her cornbread. I told him that isn't going to happen with my allergies ( alpha gal .. pork rinds are a no no) . I wasn't going to make a separate pan for him so just live with bacon on top of your side of the pan!
    I told him for one I go through a dozen or two eggs soo quick between breakfast and baking. Another thing is if we get to a point where once again we are having major shortages its nice to be able to still fix decent food.
    His argument was.... I would rather have good food every day and then feed me the not so great stuff when things go upside down and then I will appreciate the good food when it gets back. LOL
    I got news, I go a little crazy when I find a decent recipe and after the first normal go round I will get in there and change it to my liking! So next time no sugar.... will see how he likes that version!

                                    BEST Eggless Cornbread
                    https://mommyshomecooking.com/best-eggless-cornbread
                          Click to learn how to make The BEST Eggless Cornbread! This
        eggless cornbread has a super moist, tender crumb that is not
        dry at all. Made with simple ingredients this effortless recipe
        is ready in 30 minutes! https://mommyshomecooking.com  BEST
        Eggless Cornbread | Mommy's Home Cooking

Love
Ranchmama
( Practicing for possible shortages )

No comments:

Post a Comment