Friday, November 15, 2019

I'm In Full Tilt Mode !



    I have no clue what happened with the formating on this post but I have battled it all I have time for!
I am full tilt in the baking mode.
I have the monthly calendar printouts of November and December.
I have filled out the holidays as we know them at this moment which can change depending on folks schedules.
I think I have a plan as to what I want to bake for the desserts on the first Thanksgiving go around.
I have 1  two column pad for food and recipes and the other for general every day to do's and notes.
The first Thanksgiving dinner on November 24th
This dinner has a Mexican theme to it. This means I really need to find some decent travel friendly Mexican desserts. I know the first thing many people think of is Tres Leche Cake but too many vegans at this party and I haven't figured out yet how to substitute with everyday kitchen stuff you don't have to special order.

Mexican Wedding Cookies (Polvorones) pg. 545  1000 Mexican Recipes
Image result for mexican wedding cookies

Lime Meltaways
https://www.marthastewart.com/316576/lime-meltaways-from-the-martha-stewart-s

Mexican Hot-Chocolate Cookies
https://www.marthastewart.com/336516/mexican-hot-chocolate-cookies

Mexican Pecan Honey Cake p.535 1000 Mexican Recipes
( I hope I can make it prettier)
Image result for mexican honey cake
BRIGADEIROS
https://bewitchingkitchen.com/2010/07/17/brigadeiros-a-brazilian-party/
  Image result for BRIGADEIROS

Fried Cinnamon/Sugar Tortillas chips those are good and easy!

Honey Pecan Pies  (3 special requests) 

 Image result for Honey Pecan Pies
 
Boston Cream Pie is being sent to Nikki and her hubby after I take a piece out to sample. We are supposed to keep the chocolate caramel one but I know how my husband is. Take a bite, too much for him then I'm stuck with the rest or finding someone that will eat it. LOL Never fails.
   I also am going to take what I think is a fix your own burrito setting with warmers and all that at the party.
Somewhere in all this time crunch we are going to make a almost 5 hour trip to Kansas spend the night and pick up a new doggie from her foster mom and head home for another 5 hours. Since we no longer have our Heidi Ho with us we just couldn't do without a dog in our life.
   I can do it. So far I have things mapped out on the calendar with each day I either cook something or get it ready in the fridge to hurry up and bake the last minute. For instance I have 4 pie crust ready to go in the fridge for probably 3 Honey Pecan Pies the family have requested. 


  

 I feel like the Little Engine That Could  saying I think I can,


I think I can,I think I can. If I don't look at the recipe list and the other normal to do's I might not be too terrified ! LOL


Love
Ranchmama
( Chocolate cakes are cool now to make them in to Boston Cream Pie and Carmel Covered Chocolate )






No comments:

Post a Comment