Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Birthday Hubby

Today was Hubby’s day. 
     For breakfast I made him toast and gravy with sausage on the side and a nice glass of juice. Lunch wasn’t anything special but supper was one of our favorite grilled chicken salads at a local restaurant. 
    I asked him what kind of birthday cake he wanted and as usual he said plain old vanilla. I swear he is so frustrating! You go somewhere with 80 varieties of ice cream. What does he get? Yup... vanilla! 
     Well this time I did something special.... when we lived in Arkansas there was a bakery that made cakes with marshmallow icing. Great stuff! The older the cake got the more the icing tasted like candy. Never ran across any other place that made marshmallow frosting. I have been looking for that recipe for years. I tried all the simple ones and harder ones no luck. Today I finally finally found the recipe! It takes a bunch of boiling syrup and a bunch of whisking in the machine but I’ll be darned if I didn’t do it! Of course it makes a mess and everything solidified to the point it has to be soaked of chiseled off but now I can make something special you just don’t run across everywhere.
    Now when you look at this cake you will see why I don’t make decorator cakes! I just don’t do good with piping and all that stuff. Now I can make some beautiful and tasty party cakes and pies but this kind of cake decorating just isn’t my thing. Lol


 

   It's not very pretty but I am tickled with the taste. Funny I told hubby I wanted to take a couple of pieces to our bird buyer tonight. He didn't really like that idea and I asked why. He said it was because he wouldn't have much cake left for him to enjoy! I asked him, " Have you seen how big a cake I made for you?" Evidently not because after I told him he felt much better about sharing his birthday cake. LOL

Love
Ranchmama 
(PS -- I'm going to have to invest in some cake boards around here. All I had that would accommodate this cake was a upside down cookie sheet!) 


2 comments:

  1. The birthday is not over until the cake is gone. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like that idea! I'm going to have to fix me a world record breaker in April for my birthday !
      Love Ranchmama

      Delete