Monday, July 20, 2015

The Voice





Is such a powerful yet sometimes soothing sound. One of the things when you meet a person you analyze subconsciously is a persons face and overall appearance the next is usually the voice. 
   There are so many voices in our lives daily. They portray authority figures in our public service people. Maybe that authority person is your boss, teacher, parent, or in some cases a significant other. ( Doesn't that sound generic?!) let's say something more specific a husband or wife, yes there is always someone in the family that wears the pants it usually works better that way.
     We also have the sound of the voice coming to us in music. Music can have so many effects on a person. I think and hope it does more good than harm. I am amazed though at how many people have nonstop music hourly and daily bombarding their consciousness. Some folks have so much music voices preoccupying their brain I sometimes wonder what they are hiding/running from that they have to take up all their thought space with music to push out anything else. 
    Now we come down to our electronic voices . I don't mean the ones you hear  I am talking about text messaging and emails. These things sometimes take over our daily time.  
    So what is this long post all about?? I'm not really sure. Maybe it all depends on you and how the voices in your life rule your life. Maybe it depends on your age and what generation you belong to. I am from a time when we worried about our long distance bill on the hard line. Then there was the cell phone where we worried about our minutes and being out of our zone / range costing too much money to call family out of town or state. Many of us developed habits of saving money / minutes and only visited our people we love and care about on the phone on special occasions losing some of the closeness we need and crave that we once had. 
      It dawned on me that with all the phone package deals there is no reason not to hear someone I care about anywhere in the country and now with some companies anywhere in North America on a daily basis. 
   I don't need a music voice or a voice of authority or any voice other than someone I care about in my head or ears. If I can do it in person all the better. 
   The Voice ---  it's becoming a lost art. To use the proper tone to even have a suitable vocabulary to be able to express yourself properly without expletives or to have a vocabulary with words longer than five letters.
    Your Voice use it or lose the people close to you maybe. 
   Call them up and say "I haven't heard your voice lately" and hear their smile and maybe even their surprise.

Love
Ranchmama 

Home is sometimes where that familiar voice is for some of us. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment