Sunday, December 13, 2020

Busy Christmas Season Day

                  

 Wrapping mess.... it's never really done is it?

        Whew! Seems like I am busy this holiday season like I was when I was 20 yrs younger! I am getting things done it's just that it seems like I have so darn much to do. It's funny no matter what you feel like your the only one that is this busy and you really know better. LOL
        I'm tired.... went to town on Thursday stopped at several places. Picked up a pound each of shaved smoked turkey and ham for Nikki. Stopped by the store looking for cookie ingredients which I didn't find. Small town stores are hard to shop. I was looking for brazil nuts ( for some reason I remembered my Aunt Otice and what she called them when I was a child..... I can't even print it here , it was the N word toes that was the culture at that time)  and candied cherries. Picked up a family size lasagna and hogie buns to turn into garlic bread for Nikki and easy supper. She is so preggers! It is really hard to wiggle. Can't breath even worse than my asthma! Went home and I made some Mexican hot chocolate cookies in the oven for her to give to a boss. The boss begged for them. He had some last year I made for her Christmas party at work and even said he would donate some sick leave for her! LOL I made a double batch and put my half in the fridge for me to bake soon with other cookies. I haven't figured out when that is going to be yet with such a long list of to do's.
      My biggest problem is on Thursday I was in dire straits with low O2. I was in the mid to high 80's at times. I am usually at least 90 - 91 on the average. I did all my tricks and I was wondering if I was going to wind up in the ER. My body was swelling up. I wasn't getting rid of the extra fluids in my body. The kidneys were barely working like they should. My blood pressure was way up from the swelling. I finally got it where I could slowly walk around and kept going. I figured out what I think was trying to kill me. I have really really dry skin from meds and ailments. I put some goat milk lotion all over me to keep my skin from hurting. It felt great at the time but I guess Alpha Gal allergy doesn't like you to put lotions made with mammals milk on you either! Won't do that again!. To F... H*LL with Covid the !!@#~ Lotion is a killer for me! By the afternoon it got better and the extra fluid went away mostly and I could breathe much better. It will still be a few days before it will be out of my system. At least I don't feel like I will be in the ER with all the covid folks!
      I was so busy Thursday with running around and cleaning kitchen and baking I asked my husband to bring the Christmas tree in and put it up. HE HAS NEVER DONE THAT! Sure he has brought it out of and put it back into storage but not actually putting it up for me. I told him exactly where to put it and when he was done I looked all around the floor and asked how he did that?! He said what? I told him the floor looks so clean! Usually when I do it you have glitter and all kinds of things all over the floor and you have to vacuum because of the mess. It still needed to be vacuumed but nothing near the mess I usually make. I told him I think you just found you a new holiday job! I still don't have it decorated but I will. I just hope not 30 minutes before Christmas dinner. LOL
     I woke up at 2am this Friday morning realizing I need to go to the big town of Shawnee and go to Lowes. Hopefully it isn't as scary as Walmart was. We are having my kitchen door rehung and stained. Been waiting over 2 months trying to find someone that had the time do to it. I am also going to have a closet on the other side of my kitchen wall that is supposed to be a coat closet for when you come in redone. It is packed to the ceiling with pots and pans and other useful kitchen things and I have to empty that so the man can install some wire shelving I can adjust and make it more useful than it is. I might be able to find a few things even when it is done! Where in the world I am going to put all that stuff your guess is as good as mine. I am thinking somewhere in the garage but I need some big boxes I think.
     I can't find the foot peddle to my old sewing machine and need to go down and get it out of the old house. I think I found one online I can get quick just have to match up the serial numbers to make sure. When I get it I have 2 JD stockings to make maybe 3 for Nikki's family. That fuzzy JD fabric was $20 a yard and I have to picky cut to get the design in position like I like it for a stocking. I love to sew but it has been a while. That's why I gave my fancy expensive machine to Nikki. She has made some beautiful quilts with it. At least I have most if not all the presents wrapped.
    I am thinking we are going to have a spaghetti dinner served in a huge spaghetti bowl my mother in law used all the time. It is a family thing. I like to use hand me down family dishes to serve food in. I swear the food tastes better that way. I am also going to make a pot of chili to try it Cincinnati style. That should be interesting. Not a whole lot of difference really just a few different spices and one has more tomato than the other in the sauce and one has beans. Hubby won't try it because as like Sheldon in BIG BANG "It's Different" LOL He's lucky I'm not serving it with hot dogs like Sheldon's mama did on the show! ( That could be fun now couldn't it?I just might make some on the side)
   I can't wait to get my tree decorated I have had some different ones but this one may just top them all!
   I will send pictures if I ever get it done.
   Ok, asthma meds are in me know I'm going to try and go to sleep again. 

Love
Ranchmama
     
 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment