Sunday, December 20, 2020

5 Days Before Christmas and You Want What?!

What's up with the upside-down Christmas tree? - HoustonChronicle.com       Where I Rant Like I am 100 About These Busy Times...    How To Decorate A Candy Christmas Tree - Picky Palate  
                                                          https://kidsactivitiesblog.com

       For those of us that celebrate the season we are all really busy with so many things at once going all different directions. Generally speaking it is probably all very similar.
        You have the decorating of the house. Some go all in from rooftop to yard. Me I'm doing good to just get the door and and living room going. Then there is the cooking and planning. Some do cookies or candy or pies and cakes some do a little of everything.
        You have wish lists you would love to fill if you can find the money and time. Maybe your having a homemade Christmas where you have all kinds of gifts in the making.
        I love this time of year. I love the excitement and I like seeing a smile on peoples faces knowing I helped put it there.
        My husband pulled a good one on me last night. He has found a interest in his genealogy after watching some civil war battlefield lectures on you tube. He got to looking around and found out he has some real Bad A*** in his blood line. One man fought in 3 or 4 different wars in his lifetime and lived to a ripe old age. One was a general in England came to the US switched sides and climbed up the ladder and was high ranking here. Cool right?
        What isn't so cool is Hubby asked me to put a genealogical / biography together on his relatives. He has been sending me links and photos of all kinds of things I am supposed to sort out and make look good to present as a book to the kids. Get this.... FOR CHRISTMAS! I love him but like I have the time to get into that mode and have it done by Christmas!
        I was dumb enough to totally empty out a closet that was stuffed to the ceiling and have a man come in and put long white shelves in it for me, I painted the walls ceiling white so I could see things good inside and try to put all the stuff from the closet on the piled high Christmas dinner table and kitchen counters somewhere else so I could have a baking / food pantry close buy right before Christmas. I just now got all that stuff shoved somewhere else.
        I was so happy to get that all done and now I just have a few more presents to wrap. Oh yes I also dug out the old dirty slow cranking sewing machine, purchase a new sewing peddle to make it go, totally cleaned it from top to bottom inside and out. Greased and oiled everything that moved and it works fast and wonderful now. I can cut out a couple of JD stockings for a little boy or two and a son in law so they can have stockings on our mantle. Shoot.... I forgot to put the shotgun light string on the mantel! Well I'll do that soon.
        I want to bake! I want to make candy! How in the world I am going to do that I don't know. But like all the rest of you we all seem to get a version of everything done somehow.
        Nikki is taking the not so easy way out. She said she is giving everyone a baby for Christmas! Which is the 22nd of December they are going to let that baby out into the world and be a part of a family just waiting to see him! Well.... I said from the beginning it is a dark haired little boy that is a real H*** raiser. We will see coming this Tuesday !
  Well good luck with all your TO DO'S folks. I hope you get to put them in the TO DONE column this year!
 
Love
Ranchmama
( who has time for a plandemic and politics?! I got baking to do and smiles to make! LOL )  





No comments:

Post a Comment