Sunday, August 23, 2020

Small Town Report

                    Prague Oklahoma Chamber of Commerce - Posts | Facebook

      Downtown Prague, Oklahoma | Prague, Oklahoma is a lovely com… | Flickr

  I have had a few hectic days lately for one reason or the other. After delivering a couple of cakes that were part of those busy days I took a break and went to town. I love my hubby but it was nice to just do something by myself.
  All I did was go to Dollar General. I picked up a few things I wanted to try out for food storage. I finally found some instant potatoes that are just potato, no milk, butter or much of anything else. I have some other good packages of instant potatoes but they're full of all the things that make my breathing not good at all.
   I was walking through one area and a lady maybe 30 something was in front of me looking at door mats for outside. She was having a hard time making up her mind. I commented there are just too many to choose from. She said she wanted one for their camper / Rv that the wind wouldn't blow off. I told her bricks/ big clamps maybe?? I told her a lot of people are using their RV's not only for vacation but living in them because it is cheaper and easier. It's really easier when you go see someone like mom and have your own place to be in.
   She stammered and just said well it's just the best thing right now.
   I imagine from her reaction her family doesn't have much choice for some reason. I am afraid there are a whole lot more just like them. I really had the feeling food was also a issue. I hope not.
  On the way out at the register I talked to the guy checking me out. Told him I was making a blessing bag / tornado grab bag for someone. He said a goodie bag? Well I guess so, same thing. It can be all kinds of things. This is the bathroom bag anything you would need in there, it could be a medicine bag or emergency clothing bag or anything. Given Oklahoma tornado's, earthquakes or even covid quarantine it might come in handy. He said quarantine.... yes there are a bunch of people in quarantine right now.
   So I was wanting to make a trip to town to maybe get a roadside cantaloupe but didn't get lucky there. I did get a good idea of what is going on in town with folks though.
    I got in the truck and wiped everything from the elbow down with alcohol wipes. Then the door, steering wheel, phone, keys all kinds of things. Just darn near took a bath ! LOL I put the mask up on the dash to get some sunshine in hopes it would do some good.  Got home unloaded everything on the table and everything got their own alcohol bath before getting put up.
   Oh well, it was still nice to get away for a few minutes without anyone around.

Love
Ranchmama

1 comment:

  1. I put my mask on the dashboard too. I figure the UV light from the sun will kill any germs. At least I hope so!

    ReplyDelete