Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Work of the Ages

Some days are just too humorous on the ranch. I am 59, hubby 63, Heidi Ho is 11. It was just a regular day as far as the work goes.
     Hubby went to town for haircut , groceries, banking etc. 
While he was in town my nurse came for her last visit! Yea! She took before and after pics of my inscission and showed them to her sister who’s also a nurse and she was astounded at how quickly it had healed. We talked and visited since we didn’t have any medical business. Really nice woman. I told her some of the things going on with her and what direction her future is going in. She has a promising an interesting future .
       She left.Hubby came home unloaded and we headed out to the pasture to move some hay to the cows and go cut cedar trees 🌲 off the fence line and under trees I can’t get to when brush hogging. 
      Cows were following us everywhere thinking we were going to feed them. So here we go up and down the fence hubby on the tailgate hopping off every now and then to clip a tree, 30 cows and calves following us everywhere and Heidi Ho chasing around moving the cows 🐄 around with me driving sidesaddle because I can’t let the steering wheel touch my tummy inscision.
     Heidi Ho dives into a couple of ponds to stay cool and is a real mess. LOL 
     We all wound up back at the house. Heidi landed on the first doggie pillow she came across. Hubby found a recliner and I struggled through finding some lunch so we could eat and just sit down and say ahhhh.
     I think we are just all done for the day. We are just plain pooped! Lol
      Aging and ranch work makes for a interesting and sometimes hard day

Love
Ranchmama

No comments:

Post a Comment