Saturday, November 19, 2016

What a Interesting Day !

I wanted to fix hubby a good breakfast today. Well he always has a good breakfast it's just I made one of his favorites today. Mush with lots of fried bacon ends and pieces with toast and orange juice. This weekend is a harder time in the birdhouse with having to go through each nest box. It's always been a hard job but getting older makes it a lot harder. 
Get hubby and Heidi Ho out the door and I get the kitchen put back together I get my binoculars and keys to make a round to all the properties. Friday was the start of deer gun season. So since this is Saturday and people have time off they could be in places they're not supposed to be like our property!
   I get back and start figuring out what to try and get done from the huge wish to do list I have! I start getting the cayenne peppers and sage cleaned up to make extracts. 
     I got a surprise call from the housekeeper. She is on her way with a photographer to see all the pretty places we have to take family pictures. I had a real surprise !  It was housekeeper her 4 young women daughters and about a 2 yo grandson with the photographer in I think I saw 4 autos? 
    I took the photographer and housekeeper around first to 3 different places. A lake, a park area, and geandma's barn. Then we went back for her girls that followed us in 1 car. When we got past the gates they piled into old blue hanging on for dear life. Lol
     The baby got to ride I the cab with me , the photographer and grandma . It was pretty chilly. They all seemed to have fun especially in grandmas 100 year old barn . The photographer liked the lake but the girls liked the barn. You can imagine 5 women and a baby getting pictures taken! They all did real good for several hours but they were ready for lunch and some were getting tired so called it quits. 
     I was the gate person. Opening closing and locking as needed. Ouch! I am a bit sore. Took everyone back to their cars and I had to go back to open one place for the helper to hunt. He already got one buck but has only seen a couple of does now and a dead hog sow that looked like it got into a fight and lost. We were wondering where what looked like 50 buzzards were chewing down at. I know all the cows were ok and thank goodness the cleanup crew were just taking care of natures mess.
    So now I'm back in. Resting up and trying to get back into the groove of my Wish To Do List. It's almost 4 p now. It will be time to make another hunter round soon and fix hubby some good supper while he rests up from a hard bird day .
  Roasting the tomatoes for salsa is for sure going to have to be Sunday !
    Seems like I get a lot done but for other people! Getting my stuff done is not in the cards sometimes .
     Oh well, it was different and loads of fun! I'll get it done yet.
  Oops! I just thought I could get going on my stuff. Hubby came in and wanted me to trim the excess fuzz off his neck ears etc . 
Love
Ranchmama 

No comments:

Post a Comment