Friday, November 18, 2016

Ready for Frost !


Well almost ... I think... Maybe..?
Not that many plants to try and save. 
I have some geranium plants I put in pots to bring inside. I put a purple basil plant in a pot. The sage can winter over I just need to harvest the leaves. I did see where there is a homeopathic remedy i can make from that i might try just because . I pulled up 3 cayenne pepper plants and put them in 5 gallon buckets. I picked off all the peppers and I am going to make a cayenne pepper extract for heart emergencies to have on hand. 
    I thought I would try the older tomato transplant of a Roma tomatoe I don't really expect that one to make it but it will be interesting to try. All the little tomatoes on it are going to be roasted and put into a salsa with one pepper and spices. That will be good. 
    Now I have to find a place to put all these things in the house ! I don't have prime plant growing spots in the house with good lighting. The big plants I might put in the birdhouse later if I can get away with it. 

It was a job but everything got put undercover.
    I still have some horseradish to dig up and figure out what to do with. Maybe make some more master tonic??

Love
Ranchmama 





No comments:

Post a Comment