Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring in Oklahoma

There are some things in a Oklahoma spring I really enjoy.
      The yellow forsythia is always one of my favorites.

Then there is our beautiful lilac bushes on the west side of the old settlement house that may very well be knocking on 100 years old. 

Then as we drive the country roads or drive around our pastures looking for a new calf I see all the gorgeous red bud trees just on the edge of the woods and streams and scattered here and there deep inside the bushes.
     When my mother was alive I loved to get together with her and go drive and enjoy all the redbuds.

Then in the yard and out in the newly greening pastures we see clumps of 
Clover

We also have our annual spring geese out in the pasture that nest down by the east pond. Funny thing is I have never seen the babies. This is as close as I could get to them without Heidi Ho scaring them or them just flying off

Here are the turkeys down on one of the bottom ground areas. Sometimes we count over 40 . I just wish the pic could be expanded so you could see them good.


    Now anyone that knows me knows I don't hide anything. There is always good with the not so good right beside it.
      Of course with each spring you get a new set a young wildlife. 
Which Heidi Ho promptly caught a baby squirrel and decided to turn it into a squeak toy! I finally got close enough to her when she quit bouncing away and convinced her the beef soup bones was a lot tastier than spitting out squirrel fur!! Lol regretfully it wasn't in time to save the squirrel . 
     Another Oklahoma spring thing is Tornadoes and earthquakes! So far both have skirted around us this year. 
This is a good pic from Texas A & M

Well that is a lot of the things in our part of Oklahoma that we call spring!!
    Hope you enjoyed the pics

Ranchmama 

1 comment:

  1. Love the turkeys. We have some in our backyard from time to time. The most I counted in one group was 12 turkeys. I feed them when I see them because the turkeys keep the darn geese away! My asparagus is starting to come up and my 2 apple trees are budding. Spring is here in MA too!
    Dave Raftery

    ReplyDelete