Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Quiet


9:30 pm Wednesday night. R we doing anything exciting? Maybe even constructive? Hmmm.... I think we did that earlier in the day all the way to the city today did business, some shopping for needful things, a little looking around.
      We get back and Hubby unloads feed and later we go pick Old Blue. Old blue is the old 1985 pick'em up war horse of a pick up we use on the ranch. We found someone just down the road from us that can recover the seats and fix other pretty things on trucks. My Oh My ! Wow! Made a huge difference! I will post pics soon and show u. 
    We r now being such lazy bones. After supper Hubby didn't last long in the recliner since he started his day before 5 am and being busy all day with travel then catching up on work when we got home. So while he snoozed Heidi Ho finished off his steak bone in the garage and now in the house on her pillow covered up with her blankie. An I watched a movie all tucked in with a blankie on with my feet up listening to the quiet drizzle of a gentle rain outside. So nice and peaceful feeling. 

   No more demands on me to take care of almost 17 yo Sassy dog since we had to let her go last Wednesday . I have been 2 yrs straight taking care of old doggies with Petey dog the year before needing so much time an extra loving. 

Sometimes I forget to enjoy the peace. 

I miss my big kids not being around and especially my Jon not being here with us. But this is the place for this age of life. Every now and then I just need to remember sometimes this kind of quiet is a good healing thing .

Ranchmama 
( just sitting back in the quiet ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment