Saturday, January 15, 2022

Ground Report 1-15-22

      Here in Oklahoma we had a test run of spring for a few days around Christmas in the 60's and 70's then some cold, now chilly. Now they say we are in a area that has a chance of snow with all the cold front coming down through the midwest. It's Winter! What can you expect. Tickled we don't have to do cow and ranch stuff in the cold any longer.
    Went to the local Wally World about noon on Thursday. Boy for the middle of the day it was really busy. Most every other car spot was getting loaded. The walmart car hop said the water and Campbell aisle was almost empty. I did my share in general stocking up on canned veggies. Filled up my whole little wagon cart and pulled it into the house.


    Only ordered 2 different meats and they only had one. Several items were either totally gone or only had a few of what I ordered. I asked if everyone is stocking up and he said they are really hitting them hard today.
    I have a water filter now and thank goodness we don't have to haul water in to drink. We have a well but this year it has really turned nasty smelling for some reason. Wells are weird they change up every now and then.
    I just about have my Developing a Independent Food Community plan ready to present to some folks. The lady I am talking to is all for it but she thinks people are not hungry and worried enough about it to actually do something. Well all I can do it put it out there. Even if a couple of people do something towards a community being more independent that is a start. Given the showing up of people at the walmart pick up it may be better than what she thinks as to interest. Maybe they were just stocking up for the cold spell coming through the area soon.
  I had a wonderful Dr Report on the angioplasty he already told me everything was good but in the office it was almost funny.He said I have big arteries not just in a normal tone. It was more like WOW! YOU HAVE BIG ARTERIES! I asked him about the slight enlargement. He said that was just a fatty pad around the heart which is good in helping it function easily. He closed with .... "With that heart you can live to be 100!" I told him now if I can get the lungs, kidneys and liver on the same page I will be doing really good! God said he is going to fix me and he sure is! It's getting there just a few more things to improve on. I told my brother I have out run the family curse of a bad heart. He said he has some hardening of the arteries like our dad and paternal grandmother. I told him eat like I do with nothing from a mammal or milk or butter and all the other things I can't eat. He said he couldn't do it he would just rather enjoy the time he has left and be normal.
     Hubby was discharged from home health people today since he is all over the surgery. Turns out it was a nurse that I knew 17 years ago when I had the tanning place. She was going through nursing school then and would come in to relax and sometimes talk an let off steam with me. I got caught up on her marriage and 2 kids it was nice. She went to home health because this last year was just so bad she was crying going to work and coming home. So many people dying, she would stay with them so they wouldn't be alone when they passed on. She also said she has never had so many people arrested as she did last year. She had guns pulled on her and all kinds of things by people when they were not allowed to see their families. She said between the deaths and the nurses fighting and backstabbing each other she was just done. I told her you didn't know you were in for all that when you were going to school then did you? She said if she had known she would have just quit and paid off the student loans and done something else. On a not good note. She was working with a nurse all day yesterday that she found out while she was here with us test positive for COVID. Believe me I wiped down everything she was around and washed my hands just in case it actually did any good to do that.
    Still haven't reported on Christmas. That's another day.

Love
Ranchmama




No comments:

Post a Comment