Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Butter Swim Biscuits

     Normally I would just send a link but the link didn't work on the phone but did on the web so here is the recipe.
It looked interesting when shown on Paula Deen. I thought why not?! It was really easy. My aluminum pan did stick a little on the bottom. The biscuits were super butter greasy on the bottom with handling... but doesn't that make it gooder? ... LOL They seem heavy at first when you get one out of the pan but when you cut or bite into them they really are light. I made my buttermilk with vinegar. I use 3 T. in 2 cups of milk. It gave the biscuits a little twang but I liked it. 2 would have worked good.
   It's a little different for sure. But sure was nicer to just mix up and pour in a pan than to make a huge mess on the kitchen counter. I don't know if 1/2 the amount of butter would work or if substituting shorting or oil would work either.
   It was a fun experiment an I think we will do this again! Hubby will be getting biscuits and gravy more often now maybe!
Love
Ranchmama


Breads
Butter Swim Biscuits
https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/butter-swim-biscuits/

         
Preheat oven to 450˚F. Bake 20-25 minutes. Makes one 8×8 pan

Ingredients
    2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
    2 cups buttermilk
    1 stick butter
    4 tsp baking powder
    2 tsp salt

Directions
Combine all of the dry in a medium sized bowl.
Add buttermilk and mix until moist dough is formed.
Melt butter, and poor it into pan.
Place dough on top of melted butter spread  in
pan.
Cut unbaked dough (swimming in butter) into 9 even squares.
Bake until golden brown on top.

**** NOTES  ****
(make sure that your pan is not too small or shallow so that the butter doesn’t drip out of the pan while it’s baking.)

No comments:

Post a Comment