Thursday, January 24, 2019

I Got Plugged !

Twice !
   LOL 
I haven't had glasses in over 10 years. Just something I never really wanted to spend the money on or do for some reason. Well... They broke. They broke really good. I have the kind that doesn't have wire on the bottom of the frame but a kind of plastic that keeps the lenses in the whole frame like fishing line. I patched them with glue and called the ophthalmologist.  
   I got lucky and the ophthalmologist had a cancellation the next day. I went but hubby waited in the truck for 2.5 hrs. since I didn't know if I could drive after dilating my eyes. Poor Hubby! Well it took a while. They just couldn't get my eyes to behave well enough to get a prescription. Turns out he said I have dry eyes. I asked how that was when I always felt like they were moist and things I looked at looked like I was looking through a rain drop sometimes? I told him I drink water, I haven't had any antihistamines or anything to. He said anyone after 40 stops making as much tears as they use to.  It just so happens I have large tear ducts he said so the fluid I do make evaporates too quick and my eyes dry out. 
    So what do you do about dry eyes?? You plug them of course! No joke he has tiny little plastic silicone like plugs that will fit into tear ducts to make them smaller and keep your eyes from drying out so much. Naturally he had to fit me with the largest "plugs' for my tear ducts. I told him there ain't anything on me small. The doctor says open your mouth and say aahhh.... and he can see all the way down to my belly button ! 
    I am supposed to go back next week and use dry eyes drops until then so he can give me the proper prescription for my eyes. 
    You can rub the pugs out if your eyes itch too much. It isn't a surgical thing. He did numb the eyes some but he just looked into my eyes with some machine with a light and made things bigger and literally dropped them in with some tweezers.By the time I got home I could feel them just a tiny bit kind of like a little tiny bit of dust in the eyes but no big deal.
     I told hubby about it when I got out in the truck and he said "WHAT ????" I explained and answered a couple of questions and it was like hmmm didn't know they could that!
    Daughter texted me about appointment and I tried to explain the best you can in a text. She said what a couple of times and I finally called. Still had to explain a few times and pretty much all she could say was..... leave it to you ! LOL
   Well next week we will see what happens. 
    He didn't find anything medically wrong with my eyes. Everything looked good. I just have dry eyes. Not only is it common for people after 40 yo but also a person with hypothyroidism is also prone to this ailment and I do have a thyroid issue. 
   Well one more medical adventure! At least it was a simple one. The only thing was I could smell latex on his hands and antiseptic. He said he was in surgery that morning. I was there at 1:30 so I guess the blood hound in me was doing overtime. 

Love
Ranchmama






No comments:

Post a Comment