Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Cloudy Dreary Rainy Day


It's 67* with a high of about 73* today. Cloudy dreary light rainy weather.


It's. 9 am hubby is fed he has birds and cows taken care of and I decided to just come out and sit on the porch. 
     I told hubby I just needed a break from dark and dreary in the house. He said it's that way out here ! I told him nope! Not as bad as inside and I get fresh air .
      He and Heidi Ho sat out here with me a few minutes and decided to go in. 
      I like the rain. This kind of slow rain is so soothing. We needed it. The hay field is all cleaned off of hay bales and soaking it up. Nikki's place we recently brush hogged and it can green up and get pretty again. The Sire's place I worked on a few weeks ago and I have most of the south side looking good. It has the poorest soil from being farmed for probably a 100 yrs . It's slow growing on the grass but those darn weeds are just terrible! Hubby said it's a waist of time but I told him I for sure want to get the north side of the place looking better before he has to put hay spikes on the tractor . I don't want to have to look at all that nasty stuff all winter where we drive and feed ! He said it would fall down after frost and I told him it didn't last yr and we had to look at it all year ! I sometimes think I need goats. 
    I also brush hogged behind the house in our little nursury pasture where we put cows we need to keep a close eye on. 
     Things are going to look so good in a few days after this rain kicks in !!
     Well darn. I have called everyone available this time of morning, wrote this little day report now I guess I have to go in and deal with kitchen, desk and hubby's 2 teeth he had taken out on Monday . He is such a Sheldon sometimes, overthinking every little tiny thing like he has no clue  !!  Grrr but it is kinda funny I just try to laugh about it. I told him listen.... I had 5-6 taken out at a time several times with abscesses and broken down below the gums.... Really ! What your doing is amature hr here dear ! Lol
     Darn. I give up.  Dark dreary house , chores and insurance paperwork is calling.

Love
Ranchmama 

No comments:

Post a Comment