Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Spring Harvest


Well it's not much of a spring havest but I get a kick out of it.
    I planted elephant garlic years ago in my little raised bed Jon and his dad made for me. Last year hubby and I used the bucket on the tractor to redo the whole thing replacing the dirt with potting soil stuff

It was a job even using the tractor. I finally got it put back together. I replanted it with some of the garlic I could salvage. I then added Hourseradish someone gave me. Ooo weee! It does get going and can takes over. I pull out the strays but even the tiniest root part takes off and grows. lol . I haven't tried harvesting it because I don't eat the stuff but I need to try it sometime just to learn how to do it . I do use it in a firewater tonic for medicinal purposes. 



The sage on the end here has been a really easy one. I was surprised how well it has done. Such pretty blooms! 


   The blooms are gone now but I plan on harvesting what looks like a bushel of leaves! I'm going to put more dirt on top of the stems to get it to spread .
      Here is my garlic harvest sunning and drying to come inside.


    Now cleaned up and ready for me to store ( I would like to learn how to string them ) to cook and I am going to replant for next year . My daughter says she doesn't know anyone in her area of Arkansas that can grow garlic. She says it just rots over there. 
    Here I just stick it in the ground and say grow! I just leave it alone and water if I want to. 

Aren't these beautiful?! The big ones fill up the palm of your hand. 
Ok so that is about it for this years playing. I wish I had more. The only other thing I have is aloe vera. Believe me my pot runith  over all over the place! Lol

Love
Ranchmama 







No comments:

Post a Comment