Wednesday, November 20, 2013

60# Black Diamond Watermelon Heaven!!


This summer we had some really good watermelon ! This one weighed in at about 60#'s. You can see where one of the hail storms left it's mark but believe me it didn't hurt the taste at all.



   Oh My Goodness!!! It was SOOoooooooo Sweet! Homegrown local watermelon is always so tasty compared to what you buy in the stores. Every year this man has his truck sitting on Hwy 99 in Prague, Ok and he has the very best watermelons and cantaloups your can put on your table. Lots of hard work but I am so thankful he grows these delicious biggies for my table and very happy tummy!


 

And the watermelon was so good I decided to save the seeds for next year to share with my friends and family so we all could enjoy such nice sweet melons! Look at this I got a full cup of seeds from this 60# melon as I took those sweet bites out of the rine and put it into a large container into the fridge. 

Ranchmama 
(now having golden leaves and light freezes to deal with and remembering the summer joys )




No comments:

Post a Comment