Thursday, November 28, 2013

Extract Fun


Here are eight different extracts I made the first one is 
Lemon on the left then 
Blackberry 
Raspberry 
Coffee 
Strawberry 
Blueberry 
Coconut 
Lime 

I started with the lemon and lime extract from a recipe I found on the net. After that I wanted to get a more exact formula so I used one cup fruit to 2 cups vodka so I would have a formula to work with in the future.
    I never did see how long to let the extracts brew. I read the longer they brew the better the extract. These extracts have been brewing for four months. I can't decide if brewing four months is too long or not. I do know that the smell is very very strong. Since I don't like to drink vodka I'm not about to taste it. LOL
   Now I need to figure out how much to use in the recipe. Since it seems so strong. Do I use a full measure or maybe a half measure.? So maybe next time I use it I'll use the full strength and go from there.
    See the little strainer in front? I didn't have a small tea strainer so when I went to the grocery store all they had was a strainer for you kitchen sink. Well, that seems to work really good I love it. It fits right in my jar or my glasses I'm using to pour the liquid in and I don't have a handle on the way! 
    Next I'm going to try alcohol extracts you know like rum an other flavors. 

Have fun ya'll
Ranchmama 



No comments:

Post a Comment