Sunday, June 2, 2013

Why NOT to Bug Out of Oklahoma


One good reason not to bug out of Oklahoma is..... IT WOULD BE FLAT OUT BORING!!!

Other states just do not have the adventure we do.


Where else can you live and get shaken and stirred all in one day?


Where else can you live and have snow in May with tornadoes right behind it?


Where else can you live and have a tornado in the morning and another one on the same day in the evening like we did here in Prague,Oklahoma?


If I lived in a area of Oklahoma that is known for having repeated tornado dances I would for sure not be living there.


Where I live now there are 100 yo homesteads still here that have not been touched by the storms


That doesn't mean it can't and won't happen but my odds are better.


IF I would be wiped out with the house gone and all I would for sure think about moving to a place that doesn't have weather "episodes" frequently.


My family is small. We no longer have a lot of family close by. 


The kind of work we do being self employed we can do somewhere else.


Not only that as tied down as we have been it might be the only time I get to travel and see things as we are scouting out someplace pretty to look at as we think of relocating.





Ranchmama








No comments:

Post a Comment