Friday, February 25, 2022

Weather & Wednesday & Thursday Life


Notice the crooked pic? It's called sticking the phone out around the front door to stay warm! LOL

    Last time I took pictures we had snow on the ground a few weeks ago. This time I take the same picture and it looks exactly alike! Just last time was snow and a little sunnier this time it's a mixture of tiny sleet or larger sleet and a little bit of snow and dreary.
   We are doing good here. The electric is still on so we still have heat, water, and stuff to heat and cool food. Best of all we don't have to go out and feed cows or unthaw locks going into pastures!
   In our much younger years when my daughter was very young like 2 or 3 in Ark. the family had 100 acres we could play on. Hubby would get on the motorcycle and me and Allexcia on the toboggan and he would pull us around in the snow. We learned about how cow poop splattered in my face from the wheels tasted salty and the sling shot effect going around some oak trees and tumbling off. LOL
   Then there were times when Jon and hubby would go hunting because you could track things in the snow so good. Hubby said sitting in the house looking out in the snow he wished there was something to do. I told him we used to get in the 4 wheel drive and slide in the parking lots or just look at all the other silly people off in the ditch. He said don't think we better do that one anymore! LOL
   This should be perfect baking and cooking weather with the excuse of keeping the house warm and can't go outside. I just have my brain going in all different directions at the moment or rather the last few weeks. At the moment by husband has a birthday coming up and will be 68. I have a decent plain vanilla cake recipe I want to try. He doesn't like any other flavor... Boring! I also found a interesting marshmallow frosting. There was a bakery in Van Buren, Ark named Paul's Bakery. He always made the best marshmallow frosting on his cakes. He has retired or maybe passed away since our last cakes from there years ago but he had like 5 or 8 kids and they took it over and it is still going like gang busters the last I heard. I have never been able to locate a recipe I could get to turn out like his. Here is the recipe I'm going to try.  https://tornadoughalli.com/marshmallow-frosting/
    Then there is always something to go through and organize. I'm making a box of stuff to give away or donate to good will sometime when I go to town. I am always moving slow so that means always behind or at least behind with all the things my brains says I want to do! LOL
     It is nice hubby is doing so good now. He is getting his strength back slowly but able to do a little more everyday without getting so worn out. Next we try to get arthritic toes fixed. They hurt so bad he can't sleep under the cover with them at night. Somewhere along the way the last couple of years something has attacked his teeth below the gum. We didn't even know it until he went to a new dentist and they ex-rayed. Everything looked normal and great on top but below the gum was a bunch of decay. The man brushed flossed and rinsed daily 2 times a day most of the time! Some say high blood pressure will do that. He had some osteoporosis and that could have done it.The bones are much better now after taking strontium and boron and drinking a lot more milk with added vitamin D daily. Went from brittle to just needing watching. Then again they gave him a lot of steroids the last 5 years or so off and on they could have done it.
     I had people interested in a Independent Food Plan for the community I put together. I got them all in a PDF for them to download and made hard copies and delivered to a few people that said they were interested. Still have more people to contact on the subject. No sense in all the food shortages they talk about and people being hungry when a small town can produce enough locally and also provide jobs and income for the people in the area. Next I will work on some kind of medical information. Let's see how well this other stuff goes over. I also had a lady call me wanting info. She has 8 people she knows going through cancer treatments. She wanted to know how to return the digestion / gut to a healthy condition after all the chemicals has ruined the digestive system keeping it from working properly and returning a person back to better health. She helps a lot of people medically but I guess is weak in this subject so I will be getting some research together for her or anyone else interested.
    The temperature Monday February 21, 2022 was shorts and t shirt weather. Tuesday came in cold sleet and snow. Wednesday same thing just more of it. Lows are lower than 11* F at night highs in the 20's somewhere. Starting Sunday it will be high of 54* low of 28*. Everyday after that will be peaking at 77*H and 52* low most mainly staying in the high 50's and low 60'in daytime with the lowest night time 36* and the rest being in the low 40's and 50's     
    I was seeing some trees budding out before all this started. Daughter in Ark said she was seeing fruit trees budding out over there. So once again mother nature is doing her part in making a mess of things in the food chain. It always has, nothing new there. Just have to have a little extra around so you don't get caught short on those bad weather times.
    Well ok, I feel guilty sitting here all this time. I think I am going to get some beans on and a ham bone out of the freezer for hubby. He love's that stuff! LOL I can't eat it with the ham but that's ok I don't like brown beans anyway. I like black beans. Ham and beans will be a good birthday dinner just have to add a little cornbread on the table in a cast Iron skillet.
    Hope everyone is doing good in the silly weather. Try not to listen to the news too much for a few days no since in worrying about things we have no control over. Just stock a few more things in the pantry to cover the what ifs and have fun with snow ice cream!
  I got the bean pot done and I couldn't resist it smelled so good. I can't eat mine plain so put some over rice leaving out the ham. I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't knock me on my can tomorrow. I have l lots of pepsi on hand in case my BP drops to low. It's a worry sometimes it just makes a mess of the whole day with weakness and no energy.

 
                                        Mine                              His
   
Love
Ranchmama

3 pm Thursday
P.S. Arkansas daughter just texted me....Thundering outside. Lilac bush all iced over. Can't see the mountains. Freezing fog she guesses. Said it's weird weather! (We don't have the iced up trees power lines and bushes here.)
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment