Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Oklahoma Storm Season .. Here it Comes!

                                 Storms and Snow Early Wed

 Tuesday night is our first night of the season you start hearing on the TV about all the bad weather headed our way in Oklahoma dealing with tornado season. Now I know they just love to scare the holy be Jesus out of everyone and at the moment it really isn't that bad at all. Just a lot of possibilities.
   It's time to start checking and revamping the tornado bags! Hubby has said !!@#$ NO! He's not going into that !!@#$ cellar! He can't get up and down in it anyway and every time he goes in one he comes back out sick with a cold from all the damp who know whats in there! I told him fine sit in the truck just outside the door and if it gets bad you can do the butt bump like a kid on the stairs down in it! He didn't particularly like that one either ! LOL Then he said what about Frosty? You can't get her down in the !!@@# hole! ( As you can see he gets disturbed over cellars.)
   So ok I have a kind of gym bag I carry with me every day. Some call it a EDC. It has all my needful daily things plus some what if things. You know like blood clot stuff for accidents for hubby on blood thinners, my portable battery powered asthma inhaler, different meds, utility tool, dagger, (it was Jon's ) small led bright light, big bandages, peppermint for nervous storm stomach, shoot a whole bunch of other things but never enough. You always forget things. Oh yes, mini screw diver set, eye glass repair set,
  Anyway I had to renew the candy, put new batteries in the pulse ox for checking O2 levels, put a new extra battery for the asthma machine. Most everything else looked good enough.
   Now I need to find some extra clothing. Remember you don't want to wear dirty undies for the next few weeks if everything gets blown away. LOL If your like me and big you can't always find the size you need.
   Now I need to check the emergency first aid bag it would be nice to have it small because it's hard to carry many things in a real hurry. Most tornado events I believe injuries are cuts and bruises. Still extra is always good.
   I need to find the head lamps and put in my purse. When it's raining and you have your hands fulls they are handy.
   Speaking of lights... need to check the batteries in the truck lights and house flashlights.
  <<< Oh FUN.... Just talking about baseball size hail somewhere in western Oklahoma.
75 - 90 mph winds. It's away from me a ways but shows what's out there tonight.>>>
   I haven't got much sleep the last few days. I ate a Mc Ds bacon egg and cheese like a idiot and 3 hours later my BP dropped down to 108/67 with a 151 pulse & I can't breathe. Man! That feels scary and like crap all at once. I sit still and drink some Pepsi for the caffeine and 7 minutes later it was 138/85 with 84 p.then 8 minutes after that it was 143/90 w 82p ! The rest of the day my whole body is tired and weak muscles with some flittering sensations ever now and then. So I dip down to low then go to high and it jumps the blood sugar way up from drinking soda off and on all day when it starts to get to low again. With all that going on it messes up your sleep no matter how tired you are you just sleep a couple of hours. The next day I slept 10 hours straight that night. All of this from buttermilk biscuit, bacon and cheese alpha gal allergy reaction!
    So here we go again it's Tuesday night and although the weather isn't that threatening but just enough to keep you on your toes. So I might as well check the tornado bags.They are pretty much here and there so I need to get everything in one spot. Also get some trash bags out and figure out how to water proof and be able to carry stuff at the same time. EVERYTHING ALWAYS GETS WET ! I leaned that one after a few times.
   So still some organizing to do. Need some snack food and to pack a Frosty puppy go bag also. She has to have her blankies and puppy dog food and treat ya know! LOL
   After I get my stuff done I need to some how sneak my hubbies stuff done so I don't have to listen to him !!@#$ about it all while I do it.
    So OK everyone! We just got through hearing about the Texas snowmageton now spring is trying to raise some cane. Get your bags ready for each person. Put important papers in something weather proof and solid so they don't get blown away or wet.
So remember light, food, undies, meds, first aid, cell phone chargers and charged, money and whatever else you think is needful.

Love
Ranchmama
P.S...... And of course....DON'T FORGET THE T.P. ! ...
  




No comments:

Post a Comment