Tuesday, October 27, 2020

36 Essential Seasonings for your Pandemic Pantry

                                  Spice Rack Mccormick Gourmet Organic Wood Spice Rack, 24 Herbs & Spices,  Holiday Spice Gift Set

    With all this pandemic craziness and shortages people are cooking more at home. Sadly for real long term food storage spices loose their umph after a short while and are just not as tasty. Salt will last forever it just gets rock hard sometimes.
    Food just isn't good tasting without salt and other good seasonings. I was cleaning up a spice rack and refilling some with new ingredients I had on my shelves to send to my niece. There were 24 bottles on there. I looked up a list of what some place thought was essential spices to have on hand. They had 25 but I added a few more that I like to have around. Now if your of Hispanic, Indian or some other heritage your spice rack will look a whole lot different than this list!
   Spices are so expensive now days. How many can you grow where you live? I put a star by the ones you may be able to grow if your weather is suitable. If you can grow some extra it may be good to trade with someone else or sell in your area. There are recipes online to make your own combinations if you don't have something on the shelf when you run out in the middle of a recipe for things like pumpkin spice mix, apple pie mix, even steak seasonings you may like. I like to mix my own sometimes to the way I like the taste of things in my cooking. Yes I know vanilla isn't exactly a spice rack thing. I make my own of that also.

  
Love
Ranchmama


36 Essential Seasonings

____ Allspice
____ Apple Pie Spice ( cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ginger)
____ Basil*
____ Bay Leaves
____ Cayenne*
____ Chili Powder*
____ Cinnamon--Ground and Stick
____ Cloves
____ Coriander Seed*
____ Cream of tartar
____ Cumin
____ Curry Powder
____ Dill Weed*
____ Garlic Powder*
____ Ginger--Ground*
____ Horseradish*
____ Italian Seasoning
____ Mustard Seed*
____ Nutmeg--Ground
____ Onion Powder*
____ Orange Peel
____ Oregano*
____ Paprika*
____ Poppy Seed*
____ Poultry Seasoning
____ Pumpkin Pie
____ Peppercorns Black (Whole use a pepper grinder to grind your own.)
____ Red Pepper Flakes*
____ Rosemary*
____ Saffron
____ Sage*
____ Tarragon*
____ Thyme*
____ White Pepper
____ Vanilla Extract 
____ Vanilla Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment