Thursday, July 12, 2018

What a busy day!

I started my day out at 6am today. Took a bit to get all loosened up. Did all the breathing meds and all.
   Had a little fun giving hubby a hard time. He was sleeping in the recliner when I went into the living room. He woke up just enough to chat when I asked him what was in today’s plans. He went over a few things and wanted to go back to sleep. I razzed him about not wanting to talk to me. He has a habit of waking me at midnight when I’m finally sleepy enough to go to sleep to talk about serious stuff we have never found a answer to before. I say can’t this wait? The he goes into how I never want to talk.Then he says crazy things when I tell him midnight isn’t the time to talk about big things! It’s time to sleep! So this morning I kept waking him up wanting to talk about the day. I complained and said what’s wrong with you?? You never want to talk!! Come on,wake up and talk to me! He totally ignores me! I told him that’s ok I’ll remember that an do it to you. I just walked away laughing! Finally got him!
      I got dressed and was out the door to pick up help by 7:30. Got back with them about 8a. Hubby was leaving for a doctors appointment. 
       They got done with a little job and wanted some hornets spray so they could get into a building. I asked who could run the fastest? They did some painting for me and 2 hours later I took them home 
     Coming back through Prague I stopped in the park and bought two bags of corn. $18 for 72 ears of corn. Usually hubby shucks and I clean and process but this time it was all I could do to get him to carry in the sacks. He just didn’t feel great and wasn’t going to. I drove us to the gas tank to fill up the truck, stopped so he could vacuum out the floors and check birds. 
    Got back to the house and it was way past lunch so I just skipped it and started shucking corn. It took a while. Made one heck of a mess! I got all kinds of sore. It was almost 4 or so when I finished.
   Made a round with hubby checking cows from the road. Came back and told hubby it’s a TV dinner night! 
     I know you’re supposed to blanch the corn before freezing but my fancy stove takes forever to boil water an I was way out of energy so just put them into ziplock bags an said done!! Some are short ears because they were too long to fit the bags. The rest were long. I saved 10 ears for super.  
     Hubby wants me to try a Mexican street corn recipe so that will be interesting. I finally gave up after supper when I carried the bags to the freezer. 
    Take a look! It made a royal mess. I still have to get the sticky off the table and floor.

 
 But look what beautiful corn I have to put in the freezer ! 
They said they didn't spray their corn thank goodness. Out of all these ears I didn't see one bug. I only had to trim just a few places also. I would love to know their secret to non buggy non sprayed corn!

Love
Ranchmama








No comments:

Post a Comment