Saturday, April 28, 2018

Saturday Work With the Help

       Today I start finishing up the work I have hired a 16 year old to do. We are going around the fences and limb lopping off young cedar trees and anything hanging over the fence I can't drive by with a tractor. I almost have all the outside fences done on the Sires place. We have it started on our home place but I will finish the outside fences when we get done with the other places. 
    My method of doing it is I go to all the places and clear out any new growth along the outside fences first. I like to be able to drive around all the fences on the inside so we can repair and do whatever is needed. 
    Once I get the outside fences done on all the properties I start working on the inside cross fences one place at a time. 
   If I don't get this kind of thing done we will lose our fences to overgrowth really quick in just a matter of a few years. You can't afford to clean out and replace fences every few years with a bull dozer for sure so much better to do this. 
    I am trying to get as much done as I can before we get to hot so we can avoid snakes and ticks to some degree. I sure as heck don't want to get someone hurt while doing it!
    I will take the fence bucket with us in case we see some fence clips that need to be put on or whatever while out.
     I hope I can get a pipe dug out that popped up in one of the pasture roads that isn't being used for drainage any more. I have been after hubby about it for over a year because we have to go around it when driving. I am afraid we are going to hit it with a tire and get a flat. He argues with me but I'll be darned if I'm going to let the chance to fix it go by now that I have some help! 
    If we get done in time and the guy still has energy  I'm going to put him to work picking up rocks south of the barn. It's a place where the cows are a lot and where they have eroded the ground and exposed them. Just perfect for hubby to trip over out there when he is putting feed out. 
    We have a pipe H for the fence the cows walk by constantly hugging the fence. Cows do that a lot about hugging fence corners. It is also eroding and I'm going to have him fill up the hole there so maybe they won't walk there so much and if nothing else it will keep the dirt from eroding and weakening the fence. 
    I love having help! I can supervise and get things done I have been bugging hubby about that he doesn't think is important.! 
    It is surprising how tiring it is to supervise someone for 5 hours or more! Wears you out even though your not doing a lot of anything but watching and instructing. 
    I'm going to be worn out when I get back into the house but I have been gathering ingredients together the last few trips to town to make me a Lemon Blueberry Cake for my birthday. Hubby said that isn't his kind of cake I told him too bad! It's my birthday and I am going to make something I have been wanting to try for a while now. Naturally it is a complicated from scratch cake somewhat so I can actually make it in stages and put together on a different day. The saddest part is I don't have anyone to share it with! When you don't have family around it's hard to enjoy cooking. Hubby has such stupid picky taste buds and doesn't like so many things I swear it has ruined my ability to cook good! So I figure I will get to try a piece or 2 of cake and give the rest to the helper. 

gotta go, help will be here soon

Love
Ranchmama
   



No comments:

Post a Comment