Friday, October 6, 2017

Carnivore Hubby Food

I get sooo tired of fixing Carnivore Hubby Food and not or very little veggies. At our age and with ailments I keep telling him we are not eating the right foods! If you don't put the stuff in your body requires to function at it's prime your just going to feel like crud! He just don't get it. We argue about it all the time. He has no clue how other men eat at all. He thinks they all eat like he does or should or if they don't they are just something less manly I swear!
   So I fixed something different. I can't do any pepper not even black pepper so I left all that out. I tamed down the spices or left out a lot of stuff here.The stuff with a xxxx I left out and I put 2 x's more meat almost. It was still to spicy even for him ! I could eat it even but he didn't like it.He picked out the meat and ate a little of the rice and beans. 
   I absolutely hate it when I fix something like a stew and he picks out the carrots, green beans, or whatever other veggie I put in it that isn't potatoes or corn or hominy. I feel like I just wasted money, time, energy and made a big mess to clean up I don't want to clean. 
    I gave the huge amount of left overs to the helper and his family and they really liked it. I can't just fix a meal for me and then one for him. That's too much work. So I am stuck eating good food but not really the right foods. Next Experiment ! LOL

Love
Ranchmama
Casserole


Serves: 8
Ingredients

  • 1 sweet onion, diced
  • 1 small poblano pepper, seeded and diced  xxxx
  • 1 small red pepper, seeded and diced    xxxx
  • Olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 8 oz lean ground beef
  • 8 oz fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed  ( left casing on the Kielbasa sausage )
  • 1 (32) oz low sodium beef broth   ( I used powder in water mix )
  • 1½ cup long grain rice
  • 1 (15) oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed  ( black beans )
  • 1 (10) oz can mild or hot Rotel tomatoes
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
  • 2 packets Goya Sazon Coriander and Annatto Seasoning   xxxx
  • 2 Tbsp dark chili powder   ( 1/2 )
  • 1 Tbsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp garlic salt (Or to taste)
  • 1 tsp lemon pepper      xxxx
  • 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro   xxxx
  • 2 cup grated cheddar cheese


Instructions

  1. In skillet cook the onion and peppers. Season lightly with salt and black pepper.
  2. Cook for 3 mins. until beginning to brown then add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
  3. Add the ground beef and chorizo. Cook until brown. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
  4. Turn heat to high. Add everything but cheese. Bring to a boil stirring until combined.
  5. Cover and Simmer until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
  6. Uncover and mix in the cilantro.
  7. Top with cheese. Remove from the heat and cover allowing the cheese to melt or melt under the broiler in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment