Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sssss..... 3 AM Surprise




I had a video but haven't figured out how to up load it.

4 am Wednesday bathroom run and look what my left big toe touched in the floor. I thought it was trash until I turned to look. Then I thought man that's a big worm... No that's a snake! !!!
I hollered at hubby and was really lucky to wake him up. He was asleep in the living room recliner . I yelled his name a few times. He finally said what ? I told him there's a snake in here!!! Either he couldn't hear me well or it just didn't make sense. LOL it took several times to get through to him it was a snake and to get something so we could kill it! I couldn't open the door or it would get away. Still it was so skinny ( about as big around as U'r little finger) he was about to sneak out under ther door.
     He finally got a broom and I told him to stand back away from the door since it was right at it. We opened the door and I  held it squished down with the broom while he got the trash can. I got lucky it held on to the broom and I shook it off into the can.
It got bagged up put into the big trash can and tied up in it. 
Dang! Whew! I have no clue how it got into the house! We keep everything closed all the time!!!  Not only that this is a tight house. We are thinking maybe it got through the a/c pipe that allows the wiring to come in from outside. It's plugged up good now! 
Even if it might have been as big around as my pinky and a foot long or so.
Pigmy Rattler can be deadly I bet!
    Both my daughters said I need a cat if Heidi Ho wouldn't eat it! 
   It's funny in the video hubby was slightly excited and saying a few wordy dirds telling me not to get so ##%**# close or I would get bit! I thought it was funny because I could hear myself laughing about it. Even funnier when I saw that brown band aid stuck to the bag! Fat lot of good that did there.
    Another thing.... I wasn't screaming and hollering like panic come save me ! I don't know why I stay calm usually during that kind of thing . I just wanted to keep it from getting away !
     Still it's like finding 1 tick on u. You find one and you feel more. I can't help but wonder if there is a mate or nest under the cement somewhere ! Lol

Love
Ranchmama 
( wishing I could have gone back to sleep after snake wrangling this morning! )


2 comments:

  1. Bonnie, that is a copperhead. When they are a certain age, they are black with bands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, that is a copperhead. When they are a certain age, they are black with bands.

    ReplyDelete