Sunday, July 5, 2015

Skink Fun !


One of the many ways you can tell it is summer is by the critters that you find out and about.
    Well this cute little skink is not out. It is definitely all about my house! 
   I spotted it on Friday going across the living room floor heading under the bar. I told Heidi there's a bug! She jumped and ran away from it. Around here when you yell bug and head for the fly swatter that usually means there is a scorpion that needs to be got before it gets you. 
 I dug around and couldn't find it for anything ! I was thinking I just know one of us is going to be walking in here and step on it. Saturday came around and hubby said it went under the tv stand.
Once again I tried to scare it out and it did go to the rocks in the fireplace. I tried to run it into a plastic bag but of course it wouldn't cooperate. As I left the room to get a flashlight hubby saw it go under Heidi Ho's pillow. I lifted the pillow and then it took off under the big couch! I just gave up.
    I started laughing a little later and had to explain to hubby the reason. 
    Heidi Ho was laying on the floor by her pillow . I told him that is right where the skink went and I can just see that running across her nose! Lol I then started laughing even harder and got him laughing...... I have to wonder which one of us gets the heck scared out of us first? Hubby, me or Heidi Ho ??
   Take a look at her pic here. Can't you just see her snapping up and running when it runs across her??? Lol

Love
Ranchmama



No comments:

Post a Comment